Starter Routinge?

Started by Dimitri Schreiber, June 2, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,535 Views

Dimitri Schreiber

I'd like to get rings strength and I'd like some advice on a starter routine.

 

For the last few weeks I have tried just saying: do this for 5 minutes but I just loose motivation and stop, so I think I need hard numbers.

 

My goals are to get an Iron Cross, FS Handstand on rings for 30 seconds, and a planche.

 

Today I tried a short routine I like:

 

Muscle up, L Hold 5 seconds, Straddle Planche 5 seconds 

I repeated that 10 times.

 

I'm thinking for H/S L press HS to HS hold, back to L.

Maybe 10x aswell?

 

Lean into maltese 10x10 seconds.

 

Beginner pelicans: 10.

I'd like to do some parallel bars workouts. I built myself some parallel bars recently.

 

Any recommendations?

 

I'm thinking weighted dips and swing handstands?

 

I'm thinking 5x10 weighted dips +135lbs and 5x10 swing H/S

 

Mushroom circles: 2x50

 

KingJR

For a starter routine, you're going with pretty advanced stuff here in my opinion. But I don't know where you're currently at. Can you even do a HS on the ground? can you do a straddle planche? etc. Not that I'm saying you can't, but I just don't know where you're currently at and from what you mention it seems you aren't a beginner at all if you can actually do all these moves ( with proper form and technique ). Maybe it'll help to know your past training experience so others can help you out better. I mean, if you can seriously lean into a maltese for 10 secs...you're no beginner at all...

Dimitri Schreiber

I was a competitive gymnast for many years. I was a level 10 when I quit two years ago. At that time I had a cross, planche, giants on rings and pbars, I had all the basics basically .

 

Now I'm getting back into training and I would like to get my rings strength back. 

 

I went for a iron cross a few days ago, but my elbow popped and now hurts a lot when I try them.

 

I currently have the skills I states. I just tried a rings handstand and held it for a minute so I still have some of my strength.