Starting gymnastics training, where to start?

Started by Dimitri Schreiber, June 2, 2013 · 6 Replies · 3,381 Views

Dimitri Schreiber

I would like to start doing rings workouts, but don't know where to start. Could you give me some recommendations? I feel a little overwhelmed. I have been lurking here for a few days and I've decided I want to get good at rings. 

 

I tried doing a cross today and my elbow popped and hurts a lot now, so I'm not going to try that again soon.

 

I'm trying to find a good workout to do but I'm having trouble. 

 

I'm thinking:

 

Arms turned out dips

Muscle ups 5x5

Front Lever 5x5 seconds

Back Lever pullouts, 5x5

Planches 5x5 seconds

Press HS hold 15 seconds

Victorian supported with feet on chair

Planche lean forward feet on chair

Iron Cross partial, like I go down a little  until my elbow hurts and then pullout.

 

Does this sound reasonable

gravy

Use the search bar. There is a "getting started" forum as well.

Joshua Naterman

F1, H1.

FredInChina

Don't start with rings! :facepalm:

I hope your elbow will be fine and that it's just a free warning.

 

Start with Foundation 1 :)

Dimitri Schreiber

I accidentally made two posts, but in my other one I gave more information about myself.

 

I was a competitive gymnast for many years. I was a level 10 when I quit two years ago. At that time I had a cross, planche, giants on rings and pbars, I had all the basics basically .

 

Now I'm getting back into training and I would like to get my rings strength back. 

 

I went for a iron cross a few days ago, but my elbow popped and now hurts a lot when I try them.

 

I currently have the skills I states. I just tried a rings handstand and held it for a minute so I still have some of my strength.

 

While I'm no where near as strong as I used to be, I just tried doing some press h/s on rings and 10 L press h/s in a set wasn't bad.

Mats Trane
Dimitri Schreiber said:

 

I'm trying to find a good workout to do but I'm having trouble. 

 

Just get F1 and H1. It's all in there.

Alessandro Mainente

if you are not prepared all your joints will suffer from low preparation, brachilis injury, brachioradialis injury, splint, rotator cuff problems, lower back problem, scapulas problems...you have a good list of the injuries you can obtain, you can choose one of them or prepare your body, no time is spent better.3 years and half ago i started with my foundation..i'm very near to complete it and if i try crosses only to play with them i do not have any problem