combining gymnastics with hypertrophy

Started by marktb68, January 26, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,999 Views

marktb68

Hi all,

I have a question for the forum, esp. Coach. I am 40 years old who wants to accomplish a few feats of gymnastics, particularly the handstand, l-sit to handstand, and 60 second parallette planche. Also, I want to keep my muscle and lose some bodyfat. I want to combine gymnastic training with hypertrophy training. How can I best do that?

I am really confused on WHERE TO BEGIN, I.E. WHAT EXERCISES TO DO, HOW MUCH, ETC. I don't own a pair of rings yet as cannot afford them right now. I do have my body, a set of paralletes I made to do lsits and planche work.

Can anyone give me a starting point?

Mark

matthew.percussion

If you aren't planning on competition or anything I would advise playing around. =]

I personally refuse to workout without having fun. I do a lot of strength routines on paralettes similar to how you would do a strength routine on rings.

However, I would advise getting rings as soon as possible, or even just a pull-up bar.

I'll have more time later to add to this but I have to head out to practice. Good luck.

PS If you look for my training log my most recent posts have been a few videos of me messing around with routines on parallettes. However, they will only work pushing muscle groups, don't forget to add in the pulling.