Front Aerial

Started by jamesters, May 31, 2013 · 3 Replies · 1,810 Views

jamesters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYmXz6K6UNY

 

I landed my first front aerial yesterday. I show 2 clips. The first shows how I used to do it, pushing more for distance, which works well for regular aerials especially when going for swingthroughs from them, but makes it hard to lift up for front aerials. Then I tried doing it a bit more in place. This was difficult for me to do as my tendency to push forward seems strong, but look at my hurdle and you can see in the second clip I even do my hurdle almost in place. This is what helped me finally land it.

Is there anything else I need to be focusing on to do my front aerial better. I don't want to just barely pull it off all sloppily, I want it to be the best of the best of the best best best best best! I have very flexible legs and back so this should help me.

Also, you can see I had my arm wrapped which means I'm a true warrior healing from battle. :-)

Blairbob

Longer lunge.

aiken54

Hey! That's my topic! :D 

From my experience with websters, I would recommend less of a punch and more of a lift from your back leg.