This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Charleston, SC - Yuri HS Workshop!

Started by Eddie, May 30, 2013 · 20 Replies · 2,857 Views

Eddie

GB Community,

 

Yuri Marmerstein, one of the expert practitioners of hand balancing on this forum will be coming to Charleston, South Carolina to do a Handstand Workshop! The workshop will be July 6-7. The cost is $125 per person per day. If the interests arises for a second day for advanced practitioners and anyone who wants to attend, it will be at a discounted price. I am still nailing down the facility, it will either be at a gymnastics facility or a crossfit gym. There are currently 7 people committed to attending, the maximum amount of people will be 20 attendees. I wanted to open this up to anyone on the forum that would like to attend before I begin recruiting other people that aren't as serious as some of us.

 

Respond on this topic to let me know and I will add you to the list. Once the list and the facility is nailed down I will get with Yuri and discuss payment.

Alex Chubb

I would definitely be interested in meeting Yuri and learning from him! And my wife would be as well! We both handbalance and tumble. I'll try to save up the money!

 

Should I email or private message you?

Eddie

Great! I am really excited to have this opportunity. I hope you can make it! Email me!

 

stellingt1@gmail.com

Eddie

Yuri's Hand Stand Workshop is quickly approaching! If you would like to come join us in Charleston, SC for the workshop please email me as soon as possible! We have space left but registration will be closing soon!

 

stellingt1@gmail.com

Coach Sommer

Yuri is a very good HS instructor and I encourage everyone to attend his workshop.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nic Branson

Yuri is indeed great for people of all skill levels.

Coach Sommer

I recommend that all attend.  If I was in the area, I would certainly be stopping by.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Vincearoo

What is the base level for one to attend a seminar? I wouldn't want to go and waste everyone's time.

Coach Sommer

Actually it is always best for someone who is a brand new raw beginner to begin learning correctly.  Fewer bad habit to try to unlearn later.  :)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Cole Dano

This is doubly true for handstands.

yuri marmerstein
Vincearoo said:

What is the base level for one to attend a seminar? I wouldn't want to go and waste everyone's time.

I very much welcome both beginners and advanced practitioners.  Like Coach stated, it is much easier to learn a skill correctly the first time than to go back and fix a bad habit. 

Even if you are not able to do some of the advanced exercises it will still give you an idea of the future of where you can go.  Plus for something like handbalancing a bit of hands-on correction really goes a long way. 

The first day of the workshop will cover all of the basics in great detail. 

Daniel Burnham

Really wish I could go, but I could really only go for the 7th.  Would this be ok?

Adriano Augusto

It's a pity that I'm in Spain Yuri :D 

yuri marmerstein
Daniel Burnham said:

Really wish I could go, but I could really only go for the 7th.  Would this be ok?

Daniel, the second day we are working tumbling the first session, and intermediate/advanced hand balancing the second session. 

 

You are more than welcome to attend only the second day if that is what your schedule allows for. 

Cole Dano

Andrey Moraru, perhaps the best handbalancer around, gave Yuri some serious props via Faceboook

 

 

Great seeing my suggestions spreading:)) Thanks Yuri Marmerstein for addressing the "STILLNESS IN MOTION" concept to a wider audience!

Regular 'point your toes' or 'extend your shoulders' tips didn't do it for me or helped getting "IT" of hand balancing. I wanted to get to the very foundation of the concept for balance and I figured it out after years of looking into my own inner body and is the first thing that I try to explain to every new individual who starts to train with me and wants to know about technique. My understanding of what balance is before technique comes in, as circular vibration of micro movements or reactions of the muscles throughout your body when upside down in order to remain in that middle point where the gravity has no influence and staying there.

 

He then goes on to quote Yuri's statement above.

 

Great job Yuri!

Vincearoo

Such a bummer. I just hit my finger and took a nice chunk of skin off today on the belt sander at work...

I hope to hear of your upcoming seminars again!

yuri marmerstein

Great Seminar!

We got a lot of good work done.  Thanks to all who attended

Eddie

Indeed! Had a blast and learned an incredible amount! Yuri is not only extremely talented and can walk the walk for every single movement he teaches, but he is extremely good at coaching it to you! He teaches things in a way that you can understand and teach others, and that is huge.

 

All of us that attended learned so much I can't even begin to describe, it was incredible. There were multiple attendees that achieved some first time accomplishments over the wknd from everything to free standing HS, presses to HS, front tucks, significant progress on OAHS, new HS entries and positions, and the list goes on!

 

I also learned that Yuri puts guacamole and Frank's red hot on everything, Philip really likes HCL supplements which keep him extremely regular, and if you do not have a OAHS you are WEAK! HAHA! I am WEAK! Thanks for coming Yuri, to all who helped organize this, and to those that made the trip down!

 

I highly recommend attending one of Yuri's workshops!

Alex Chubb

Can't reccomend Yuri's seminars enough. This was amazing. The way it was laid out gave a real understanding of why the handstand works and how to improve it daily! If handstanding is even remotely an interest to you, I highly reccomend you seek Yuri out.

 

 

Eddie said:

 

I also learned that Yuri puts guacamole and Frank's red hot on everything, Philip really likes HCL supplements which keep him extremely regular.

 

 

I am not sure what came first here, the mixture of seasonings in Yuri's cooking, or the regularity, but either way, I came back home leaner than I left! Haha!