This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2> iM (Twisting Squat) Form Check

Started by ajgregory, May 28, 2013 · 6 Replies · 310 Views

ajgregory

Hi all,

 

This is my first post after picking up FS/H1. I'm very excited about working my way through the series; should keep me occupied for the next 10 years or so...

 

I was hoping to get some feedback on this particular mobility element as it's not a movement I've ever performed before. I saw a post where a number of people were struggling and wanted to be sure I wasn't making any horrendous mistakes before claiming mastery and mistakenly moving on ;)

 

The move seems simple enough and isn't a struggle, with zero pain. The main problem I've found is friction messing up foot position a little at the top and bottom of the movement. The athlete demonstrating seems to experience a little of this too, so I'm hoping this isn't a deal breaker. Of course, I could be wildly off...

 

 

 

Cheers

Andy

Badi

looks pretty much mastered for me. To be honest I wouldnt care at all about the spinning motion at the top part.

This iM is not about being able to perfectly spin with straight legs, its more about everything else. So a little bit of displacement due to friction shouldnt be a big deal.

In my POV you can go on with the next PE+iM, if the PE looks the same, qualitywise.

KingJR

Looks like you've got it down to me buddy.

LateStarter@46

You are disgustingly good at this! :)  

- gnashing teeth and going green here.

ajgregory

Great, thanks for the replies :)

I should have added that when testing SLS/PE2 I completed the 5x10 Cossack squats alternated with 5x10 twisting squats to qualify for mastery. The form of the twisting squats was per the video. Cossack squats are no problem with a nice slow steady pace. Only dawned on me afterwards that you essentially perform 100 squats without rest; test took a little under 10mins, only 'resting' as long as it took to perform the twisting squats.

Moving on to the SLS/PE3 test next session. Think I'm gonna fail the mobility element ;)

ajgregory

Sorry Latestarter- put it down to luck ;) Rest assured I'll be failing other mobility elements if that makes you feel any better :-p

LateStarter@46
ajgregory said:

Sorry Latestarter- put it down to luck ;) Rest assured I'll be failing other mobility elements if that makes you feel any better :-p

No it wont - I just want mastery and level 4 certification already  :)  It's motivating to see others doing the PEs, good luck with going forwards.