This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rings or Rope?

Started by Jasper, May 28, 2013 · 3 Replies · 193 Views

Jasper

I've currently on week 9 of RC PE2 and so far have been performing the exercise using a couple of beach towels hanging from a pull-up bar. (I know!) It's pretty hard on the grip but I think it works ok for me.

 

However, (assuming I don't injure myself if one of the towels rips), I'll be moving to PE3 soon and need to get something else sorted as the towels aren't going to be long enough. Do you think I should buy rings or a length of rope to hang from the bar? I think I'd prefer rope as it'll continue to work my grip but do you think rings would be better going forward?

 

Or I could buy some longer towels of course!

Daniel Burnham

Honestly you should try to get both.  They are both pretty indispensable parts of the program.  Choosing between them isn't really a good option as you will have to use them both eventually.

 

With that said you will use the rings earlier on.

Jasper

Thanks Daniel. Do you think I could get away with substituting rings for ropes on ring exercises though?

Joshua Slocum

You can't do ring dips on a rope.

I would get rings for now. There is no actual rope usage all the way up through F2, so you won't need a rope for a while.