This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What is the difference ?

Started by MrPuppeh, May 28, 2013 · 3 Replies · 195 Views

MrPuppeh

The title may be misleading but it would be too long. 

 

What is the Difference between in doing exercises within a 1 or 2 hour time frame or doing them separately ?

 

For example : If I have no place in the gym to do RC stuff, but I can manage to do them in the morning. So is it OK if I do RC work in the morning and the rest of foundation in the evening ?

 

It should not have a negative impact should it?

FredInChina

To the best of my understanding, it is perfectly okay. :)

I can only think of one downside in having to warm up twice.

LateStarter@46

Like you, I do ring work at home as I cannot whilst at work/ the gym. I don't think there's anything to worry about doing it at a different time - better than not doing it at all!

 

 

Two ways of looking at it: 1. doing RC after being warmed up/ pre-exhausted by doing FL, sPL, and HBP or 2. doing RC whilst fresh and full of energy. Sometimes one way is better than the other.

 

I once couldn't start my gym session with chin ups, dips and pull ups as usual because the pull up bar wasn't available. So I did my usual shoulder routine first and expected to be tired for the bar work. But to my surprise I flew through it! So whichever way you do, the warm-up is always important, and should include using antagonistic muscle groups to the ones you're focusing on. E.g. for the ring work, warm up with press ups/ push ups.

 

Hope that makes sense and that if it's not correct someone will say so.

dritar

Philosophically I'd say it's ok, because if changing the order of the exercises is ok, then that is equivalent saying you can do the exercises in separate sessions .

 

Doing them in separate sessions is doing a given exercise fresh. The first exercise you do is fresh. If you can change the order of the exercises any exercise can be done fresh, so it follows that doing any exercise fresh is ok, so it follows that doing them in separate sessions is ok. QED :).