This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FLPE13- Inverted bar hang trick

Started by Jon Douglas, May 27, 2013 · 2 Replies · 186 Views

Jon Douglas

Hi all,

This one has been giving me a headache for a few weeks, trying to figure it out. I had been doing a set of 20-30 seconds, then finding myself unable to get a stable hold at all, and it was getting extremely frustrating.

I have now worked out getting into it on playground-style monkey bars. Today I tried putting my feet/body between two bars rather than just hanging off the end; doing this I was able to get up into position without bumping the bar while getting into position, which I subsequently realised I was doing, and once I began to fall I wasn't always able to catch myself as I wasn't yet set for a front pull.

Make sense? So you have the second bar there as a spotter to catch you should you bump the bar on the initial ascent, allowing you to get back into the hold and start timing. Just a trick for anyone else struggling with this :)

kalel

this actually might help, tnx for sharing. :)

Jon Douglas
kalel said:

this actually might help, tnx for sharing. :)

As I said, it was just bugging me that I could do a 30 second hold then had trouble getting into it at all. Didn't realise I was rebounding off the bar and unable to catch myself ^_^ Hope to avoid anyone else feeling quite so dumb and spending a few weeks making that connection