This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Alternative equipment for Chinese handstand?

Started by LIE, May 27, 2013 · 10 Replies · 522 Views

LIE

I don't have any object or something's else for this HS SE1

Any idea guys?

Erik Rissanen

I am still doing HS PEs, so I have not the need yet, but I am planning to attach something I build myself to my ceiling. I might be able to use the hooks which I have my rings on for this purpose as well.

Jon Douglas

I discovered that above my front door is a ledge at exactly the right height for these.

 

I guess you're going to have to be creative, unless you have a pullup bar or something else you can wedge in a doorframe at the right height, for eg. Or a willing partner...

Keilani Gutierrez

I tried a chinese handstand the other day in my doorway as well and it was rad! it was just at the right height(and to note, im not getting as much elevation in my handstands due to lack of mobility right now) 

 

just walk under stuff with your fingers overhead pointed. if you can make it with your hands, you can more than likely do it with your feet pointed. :)

Jon Douglas
KeilaniG said:

just walk under stuff with your fingers overhead pointed. if you can make it with your hands, you can more than likely do it with your feet pointed. :)

Pretty much that. Don't forget to elevate and get up on your toes too ^_^

Keilani Gutierrez

first time I tried the forearm headstand, i forgot to point my toes for assistance. fell over like a tree :P #slowmotionandeverything

LIE

Nice idea

Thanks buddy

Romulo

Due to lack of clearance in my place, I have usually trained that way, more Chinese handstands than wall ones. Well, actually I think they are not proper Chinese HS, since the door frame is not high enough and my heels are touching the wall (doing back to the frame). That is not the proper exercise, right?

Jon Douglas
Romulo said:

Due to lack of clearance in my place, I have usually trained that way, more Chinese handstands than wall ones. Well, actually I think they are not proper Chinese HS, since the door frame is not high enough and my heels are touching the wall (doing back to the frame). That is not the proper exercise, right?

Right. Should be toes not heels, with hands directly underneath so that you have to maintain a tight hollow to get enough elevation-- an arch brings your feet too low. Good idea to put a line (tape maybe) on the floor to line up the bottom of your palms :)

Romulo

Thanks Jon

PeterSweden

Just bought the course and looked through it, so I was thinking about the same problem.

 

It's not relevant for me yet, but I was thinking maybe about perhaps putting a rope or some string between two trees or poles somewhere.