This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

tangential benefit of F1 work: improved posture?

Started by bgoods, May 25, 2013 · 2 Replies · 260 Views

bgoods

i'm not sure if anyone else has had the same experience, but i think that my few weeks of F1 training has already noticeably improved my posture.

 

i wasn't really even thinking about it, but I have 5 or 6 people make comments in the past few weeks such as : "man, you really stand up straight, don't you?" "have you gotten taller?" "you have really good posture!"

 

i've always been a little bit sloped/rounded shoulders and slightly over-kyphotic through the thoracic, and at previous points in my life made conscious efforts to improve my posture (stand up straight, pull the shoulders back...) with little to no improvement...it just seemed impossible to maintain control continuously all day everyday...i'd pay attention for a few minutes, but would always revert to my previous poor position

 

i'm guessing that all of the hollow rocks, arch holds, and other mid-line strrength and mobility work has the added benefit of helping keep the entire torso/shouldersa/neck/head in more consistent, ideal alignment

 

so once again, thanks coach and GB!

LateStarter@46

Hear hear.

Doing F1 has made me much more conscious of my everyday posture and I am standing straighter and pushing my chest out without feeling silly about it. Just need to figure out how to get out of desk patrol now... :huh:

wheezer

Absolutely. I've had a pretty severe anterior pelvic tilt for years. After only the first few weeks of F7 I noticed I was naturally pushing my glutes in more, and standing up much straighter. My entire posture standing/sitting/walking has improved on top of that. My core is also doing a much better job at holding me in good posture.

 

 

I haven't even got up to specific pelvic tilt work yet. This program is changing my life.