This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mn/PE1 replacement

Started by Iguanus, May 24, 2013 · 4 Replies · 285 Views

Iguanus

I'm looking for a temporary substitute for Mn/PE1. Currently, I have a flammed Pilonidal cyst, which hurts a lot when pressure is placed upon it. And it's sits right under the sacrum. Therefore, I can't sit properly in the end of Mn.

 

I've talked to my physician and he said I will have to wait until it unflames and drains before I can go into surgery, 2 or so months from now. However, he said physical activities not posing much pression on it (such as L-sit, which I image showed him) would be ok.

 

As a conclusion, I'm looking for alternatives to Mn training for this period, so that core won't get laging behind too much. Is L-sit a good substitute (or better than nothing)? What more do you guys suggest, even if it is putting a hiattus on this training?

KingJR

Why not do the other ones and then when it's possible for you to do them, return back to PE1? Sure, it's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. Plus the L-sit variations are way further down in the MN progressions. So might as well work on what precedes it. Since a lot of it is done on the Stall bars ( if I remember correctly...), you're ass won't even be touching the ground!

FredInChina

Take a board of dense foam, about 1" thick; dig a hole in it at the place the cyst is when you sit on it; do your tuck ups. :)

No excuse, get cracking ;)

Iguanus

King, that sounds interesting. however, I was doing the steady cycle training on l-sit before foundation came to life, so my guess is it wouldn't be much hassle to restart it. I'll give Fred's idea a shot before trying to your suggestion! Thanks for the inout, guys!

Iguanus

Just passing by to thanks for the inputs again! The later approach worked wonders! Instead of drilling a hole, I split the foam in two (giving more space to the cyst, but still leaving the weight supported by the glutes!). Back on track again!