This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Hinge Row form check

Started by Sam Carr, May 24, 2013 · 13 Replies · 586 Views

Sam Carr

Am I on the right track with these hinge rows?

 

Geoff

I think you have to work on keeping your back straight, instead of having it bend backwards. And you could pull more 'outwards'. In the video of RC/PE1 the athlete starts with his hands at shoulder width, but ends with his hands further apart.

FredInChina

This looks a lot harder than it should be IMHO. :)

Sam Carr

For some reason I thought that for rows, we're supposed to pull with a tight arch. I'll try again.

m6shifter

to me that looks a little not in control kinda sloppy. Legs are not straight. I could be wrong though. I did not go with that high of a lift. I only lifted on the hinge part. Very tricky exercise I felt it in my lats I think thats the objective. I will keep this 1 going also. Good luck with foundation1 Sam Carr

thecolin

You're pulling your hands to your chest as per the form for PE3/PE4. In the book his elbows flare out more to the side and his shoulders come up in line with his hands.

LateStarter@46

I find it helps to stop sliding forwards by bracing my feet against an object.

Finnbar
LateStarter@46 said:

I find it helps to stop sliding forwards by bracing my feet against an object.

I'm curious why this isnt an issue for the athlete in the video with bare feet. 

Badi

For me it highly depends how far you are from the ground. The hinge row gets harder, the greater the distance from your butt to the ground is.

Try to stay as low as possible with your legs (only touch the ground with the feet) and experiment with the body position.

I dont really know why its the very first PE because I find it quite hard, while the next couple PE's are easier.

For me the hing row goes more into some kind of pullup strength than the (partly)horizontal pulling in ground and elevated rows.

Sam Carr

Okay here is my second attempt:

LateStarter@46

The upper body movement is better but based on comparing your form with the course video - the rings are too high (your hands should come to ear level) and you need to keep your hips still and just off the ground. Where you have your hips at 0:06 is where they should stay and just the upper body moves (hinges) forward.

Good luck and keep persevering  :)

Badi

Stay low with the hips ;)

It will get easier when you stay at 1 position with your butt.

But it looks better already ;)

Adriano Augusto

Ring too high, true. Enough to make the movement more difficult and incomfortable. 

 

Set ring to aprox ear level and "hinge" the hips mantaining glutes of the floor.

 

Seriously, I still have doubs with this movement because I don't know yet the correct position of the legs. Calves may be touch the floor? I know that glutes not, but what about calves? 

Daniel Burnham

The entire leg can touch the floor. The flutes should be lightly touching the floor. There should be no movement along the floor with the body. This exercise should not be that difficult. You simply pull enlightened to let your body hinge at the hips to come from row position to more of a leg supported pull-up position.