This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Muscle gain/retain on F1?

Started by Fit-Bull90, May 24, 2013 · 3 Replies · 332 Views

Fit-Bull90

Hello everyone!

 

I will be beginning on PE1 on all of the elements, as I really want to create a solid foundation. However, I am getting pretty close to a muscle up (working False grip Pull ups and Ring Dips in high volume, also the transition, along with some straight arm work) and I really like how my upper body is responding.

 

Starting F1 on PE1 will not be working any of this directly, so is there a possibility that I will lose muscle/strength, leaving MU work out and focusing exclusively on F1?

 

I know many of you were more advanced when starting F1, how did you manage your work? Did you do your current strength work at the end of F1, on separate days or left it out completely?

 

Thanks for the help! :)

 

Edit:Found another similar topic, that has answered my question :P

Ravn

I thought you would! :)

KingJR

Haha, don't worry dude. F1 will improve where you're at with every move. That's been my experience.

bgoods

i've been pleasantly surprised, and can attest to the fact, that even training the most basic F1 exercises has definitely maintained and even improved my strength in other more advanced movements that i had been training previously, but that i have mostly forgone to follow F1/H1.

 

about once a week, i will thorw in a few muscle-ups, l-sit chins, RTO dips, and straddle rope climbs, just to keep it in the mix here-and-there and try to at least maintain what little strength i had previously.

 

i've found that just about every move has improved; I went from about 2 sort-of-strict muscle-ups (still just a little kip/swing in there) to 4 or 5 smooth, strict, no kip/swing muscle-ups, rto dips up from 1-2 to 4-6, rope climbs able to do more passes before burning out, l-sits on rings went from struggling to get 15-20 secs to 30  sec solid with out shaking.

 

its definitely reassuring....i already knew for myself that I just needed to trust Coach and the program, but seeing the carry-over improvement into all the other movements really solidifies my faith.

 

this stuff works!