This is my current form and max ROM for the straddle up.
Any feedback? Is this form good enough for mastery?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Tomas Johansson, May 23, 2013 · 13 Replies · 431 Views
This is my current form and max ROM for the straddle up.
Any feedback? Is this form good enough for mastery?
The top part is the hardest part.
I'm afraid you still need to increase your range of motion.
Yeah looks to me like you need more compression.
Good effort Thomas - these look like nice mats you are using. ![]()
Same to me, more compression and flexibility to increase ROM. Long way my friend, it is what it is, it doesn't matter.
I'm on the same boat with this PE ![]()
More passive/active flexibility.
For those of you that are more advanced, do you almost need to be able to do a pancake to get 'mastery' on this? I figure compression is alot to do with strength but yeah just curious as i would be mirrored with the OP and thought i was closer...bleh!
Of course a pancake would help a bit, but you don't need to have that to master this step.
You'll get your pancake, compression and active flexibility on your way to MANA, don't worry... ![]()
Is there a user yet who uploaded a mastery on this? ![]()
Hello,
I don't know, I thought the very first rep looked pretty close, so it maybe a matter of endurance / focus.
To those who have mastered this what cues are we looking for in this movement ? Heels aligned with ears, knees between elbow and shoulder ?
3 months to get this 1 . This will be a challenge thats forsure. I might have to do a couple week 5 -8 micro cycles. Dont know till the time comes. Tomas are you in week 1-4 micro cycle at this time.
I just finished my second time on the last cycle.
Badi said:Is there a user yet who uploaded a mastery on this?
I too would love to see a few videos recorded of those who have achieve mastery on their straddle-ups - maybe from a few different angles than in F1 - I can't tell how wide the athlete's straddle is in the video.
Any takers? Charm?
Cannister said:I too would love to see a few videos recorded of those who have achieve mastery on their straddle-ups - maybe from a few different angles than in F1 - I can't tell how wide the athlete's straddle is in the video.
Any takers? Charm?
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but one of the 0.5 guys would be the person to ask ![]()
Also I've just checked in online for my flight so I'm out the door in just a bit, no straddle ups in my plane clothes >: (
Cannister said:I too would love to see a few videos recorded of those who have achieve mastery on their straddle-ups - maybe from a few different angles than in F1 - I can't tell how wide the athlete's straddle is in the video.
Any takers? Charm?
Comparing the pictures of the same athlete in GIMP between MN/PE2 and PE3, measuring the athlete's legs from hip joint to ankle joint on both pictures (where the distance on a 2D surface of the PE2 picture is about PE3 distance * cos(half angle between legs)) I've concluded that the athlete's legs angle each other at about 90 degrees or half a radian (or quarter of tao if you've read pi is wrong).
Mind you, this was done in about a minute, so don't take my word as gold here, but I believe it's a good approximation.