This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 Form check

Started by Tomas Johansson, May 23, 2013 · 1 Replies · 115 Views

Tomas Johansson

This is my current max lean for the planche lean which I can hold for 6-8 seconds maybe.

 

Do you think my form and lean is good enough to start building volume on? I would start on week 1 with this.

 

 

Keilani Gutierrez

that's a better start than what I've had and nice wall btw :)

 

something that i've incorporated into my sPL/PE1(which feels a little awkward at first) is to hug the ground with straight arms while in the static position. 

 

so it goes like this:

1. grab the ground with your hand

2. hug the ground

3. lean until you cannot lean no more.

 

I -think- the part that allows for so much powerful protraction is behind the fact that not only are you "grabbing the ground" and also "lifting" yourself up as high as possible with a nice back form, the "lift" comes from your protraction but the power of the lift coupled with the hugging, it creates a lot of power in your Serratus.

 

I've noticed it in my punching form as of late

 

so when the time comes to actually get to the "leaning" it's kind of like if you had your feet anchored into the floor and you did a michael jackson lean B)

 

that's how it feels to me though, I'm sure when I'm done with sPL1-3, I won't be piking my hips the way I do now. the hugging after a while makes it feel more mentally engaging and exciting not like "kay, im just chillin standing here. #boring"

 

hope that helps!