I can touch my toes...

Started by julien, May 23, 2013 · 11 Replies · 3,960 Views

julien

...with straight legs for the first time in my life :-)

 

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right subforum to post this, if not, feel free to move it. But I just wanted to post this. After a few months on F1, I could touch my toes when bending yesterday. Granted, it was in the middle of F7, with muscles hot and just after Jefferson curls, but still, a few weeks back I couldn't do it. Next step is doing it anytime of the day with cold muscles, but not there yet.

 

That's it, ridiculous for some, but a small victory for me.

 

So thanks a lot Coach for the F1 program, it's working great for me!

 

- Julien

LateStarter@46

Woohoo! Well done. Hope to join you soon.

Joshua Slocum

Now you can finally clip your toenails!  :P

Gavin S

Felxibility gains are awesome, as for me, they usually take longer than strength gains and you have to work slowly to get them.

 

Nice one.

pagio

I remember when I managed to touch my toes for the first time ( last summer ), it was a major accomplishment! I was on vacations and when i realized that i could do it , i started showing it  off  to my friends. They could all do it so I sounded a little crazy :P The thing that helped me do it back then was PNF stretching the hamstrings every 2 days.

Badi

Hey man I can totally understand you :D For me, a naturally not flexible person it was a breakthough too!

Keep on working and keep on being motivated!

seiyafan

Congrats!

 

next goal: touch your knee with your nose.   :)

pagio

Just got my first bridge ! Another epic moment :P 

FredInChina

Well done - on to touching your toes with your elbows now... ;):P

Nyikhaj

Congrats!

pagio

Well, I think my next target will be the splits,  but I'm a long way from there.

Flameous

I got nose to knees last winter and it felt awesome. About one and half a year I had no chance touching my toes. I also haven't actively worked my flexibility, it's more about using all the muscles in varying ways (aka mobility  :) and gst overall ) that has helped me so far.

I notice all little things F1 is doing almost secretly. One extra inch of rom here and there will cumulate quickly to quite remarkable things.