This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

rSLS SE4 Knee Stres

Started by Robmob, May 22, 2013 · 5 Replies · 235 Views

Robmob

I was working out with a friend of mine who pointed out that the rSLS, as well as any other SLS is extremely bad for my knee,especially due to me being 16. The point is that he made it quite clear that he wouldnt bother me if he wouldnt talkn in my best interest. This got me thinking and worrying. Is the rSLS safe to do,even if Im not a high caliber gymnast? Does the floor have anything to do with this? 

 

The problem is that for a split second the knee supports the whole body weight and pushes up. Can anybody give me any good arguments on why I shouldnt worry about a possible knee injury.

 

Note: I myself dont feel pain but my knees crack, even though I do some Sprinting before hand.

 

Thanks

Robert

Joshua Slocum

The SLS is perfectly safe so long as you follow good progressions. The Foundation progressions gradually increase the force your knees have to support, giving your connective tissue time to build up strength. If you start at PE1, by the time you reach SE4 your knees will be strong enough to safely perform the movement. However, if you skip over some of the PE's or iM's, it becomes much more likely that you could injure yourself. 

Robmob

Ok great, I thought so. My knees are strong enough since i did Convict Conditioning for a while and got up to the SLS like that, then I did negatives after finding out about them in the AZ seminar and they felt harder. 

Now I only have to make a convincing case to my friend :/ any help? 

Coach Sommer

- Many years ago these elements solved my current group of elite athletes' knee issues.  And they have now been using them for over 10 years.  

 

- As for your friend; you can lead a horse to water ...

 

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

It is important to learn, preferably sooner than later, that if you make your lifestyle choices based on what other people around you believe, you will be confined by their beliefs. This usually leads to a lack of good strength development, and often to injuries as well.

 

It's a really good idea to take your time, and to make sure that you have mastered each exercise in order. This may require you spending a lot of workouts discovering one small improvement after another, but this is the only way to master an exercise so that is really ideal anyways :)

Robmob

Thanks my fellow friends. 
I believe there is nothing quite like the customer service from here, because its much more, its a community.