This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fat Loss Focus or is H1/F1 Enough

Started by Somalie, May 22, 2013 · 15 Replies · 647 Views

Somalie

Apologies for the long post.

Ok guys I've started back up after recovering from terrible shin splints (first time ever).

Stats:

Height: 64 in./ 162.56 cm

Weight: 160 lb./ 72.574 kg

BF %: 18.84 %

Body Tape Measurements -

Waist : 34.25 in.

Hips : 36 in

Seat. : 40 in

Chest : 38 in

Thigh. : 22.5 in

R-Bic. : 13.25 in

L-Bic. : 13 in

Neck. : 15.125 in

R-For : 11.125 in

L-For : 10.75 in

Calve : 15 in

Paleo Diet 95%

Macro Nutrients -

1600 Calories

136 G. Protein ( 1g/ 1lb Lean Mass)

80 G. Fat

80 G. Carbs

I am really getting serious about Fat Loss, Strength and Conditioning. Eating cleaner, breathing deeper, getting to bed earlier.

I wake up 2 hours before having to go to work

( meaning I could be up at 3:00 am) and make sure to prep my lunches and make myself breakfast. Drinking plenty of water as well. I prepare my next days dinner the night before along with all my different vegetables for the next 2 days breakfast, lunches, and dinners.

My work consist of mostly Quick Burst lifting and a bit of jogging. Moving between 1000 - 2000/ day in 2 sessions.&

My wants are very superficial at the moment but I know by following the great program provided by Coach I will succeed beyond it. And with the support and encouragement of this great community.

So I am following F7 2day integrated.

Mon. & Thur.

Warm Up

10M Jump Rope (Moderate 75-100 skips/ min)

Ido Scap Routine

_________________________

F7 Workout (PE1 All Elements)

_________________________

Cool Down

10M Jump Rope (Moderate 75-100 skips/ min)

_________________________

Tue. & Friday

Warm Up

15M Jump Rope (Moderate 75-100 skips/ min)

_________________________

H1 (Super setting / PE1 All Elements)

_________________________

Cool Down

15M Jump Rope (Moderate 75-100 skips/ min)

So is it enough? Is it too much? This is what I want to know.

Robmob

Looks great, especially with the Jump Rope work and all the stuff you have in there. Nutrition looks good altough im not used to the Paleo diet.

 

Just keep it up and you will see how your fat will burn off in no time. Seriously just dont over do it since you might overtrain etc. However note that cutting like you are doing ATM is going to affect your overall muscle building.

 

In a year,when you reach higher PE levels, such as PE 8 or 9 you will realize that this is going to be hardcore to keep up with and you are going to need to adjust your calorie intake properly.

Somalie

Thanks for the reply Rob... I choose paleo because, I don't get heartburn when I'm on it. Lol.

Was doing some reading and it seems my highest skin fold test was around 27mm at my abdominal test sight. Which they say is correlated with stress and adrenal fatigue. So maybe I need to be more zen as well.

Somalie

I need to add some supplementation to my nutrition plan I believe.

Currently I Have

Cellfood Drops ( They work tested and approved)

Cellfood Multivitamin (Same as above)

I don't do shakes so those are out.

Was thinking BCAA's but the Cellfood has like 17 of them. Are there important ones I should be looking for?

Any other supplementation I could be taking?

Thx.

Robmob
Somalie said:

I need to add some supplementation to my nutrition plan I believe.

Currently I Have

Cellfood Drops ( They work tested and approved)

Cellfood Multivitamin (Same as above)

I don't do shakes so those are out.

Was thinking BCAA's but the Cellfood has like 17 of them. Are there important ones I should be looking for?

Any other supplementation I could be taking?

Thx.

 

Quoting from [http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaa.htm] Branch Chain Amino Acids are the "Building Blocks" of the body. They make up 35% of your muscle mass and must be present for molecular growth and development to take place. Eight are essential (cannot be manufactured by the body) the rest are non-essential (can be manufactured by the body with propernutrition). Besides building cells and repairing tissue, they form antibodies, they are part of the enzyme & hormonal system; they build RNA and DNA and they carry oxygen throughout the body.

 

This pretty much sums up BCAAs. Since there are over 500 its a bit complicated to source down which ones are in that cellfood stuff.

The important ones are: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_amino_acid

 

I really dont know much about cellfood, but the website looks shady, however if it works Id be thrilled for you.

 

Whats your problem with shakes? If you have milk problems there is always water, but okay. 

 

You could be taking fat burners, but dont overdo it with them as I believe cellfood makes those (you didnt tell me about which product you have exactly). Im planning on buying some so id let you know. There is a really good one called water. About a gallon of water a day will make you burn fat quickly because it stops fat from building.

 

You should try creatine which is a wonder drug, get some hiquality stuff, since Coach reported some stomach problems from it. I use Optimum Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate which uses creapure. 

 

Remember a supplement is only that, something which aids. 

 

And please, youre at 18.8% body fat, which is good shape, Ive seen cage fighters in "worse shape" who won over leaner opponents. Learn to be comfortable with your body. I used to desire 6pack abs, used to do 200 crunches everyday, but then, fat loss became my n1 goal. For a while I focused my nutrition on this and in combination of ignorance towards training didnt get anywhere, and my workouts didnt achieve a lot of muscles. Now I think of it and I dont need abs, as long as im not obese and I gain a lot of muscle Im happy. 

 

Slowly however my GF convinced me to work out for them and started doing HIIT sprints, Im on week 3 and im not seeing amazing results yet. Sure its a great workout, but the goal ATM is something like splits, something awesome for parties (well the side effect of Cardio is a real bonus for my MMA) so dont get all hung over about it. Plus Mike Chang, dude from 6 packshortcut doesnt have less than 12 percent i guarantee. Youll get there.

 

Something great for jump rope is the book by Lee Buddy. Check it out, I have the kindle version and its worth the read. Id love to follow it but suck too much with RJ, seriously I get to 100 jumps and always fail, but its building up.

 

Just realised this became quite egocentrical, hope you dont mind lol.

Good night 

Robmob

And btw, be careful with stress, it may be also because of your body being in stress due to dificult workouts. I got shingles from 2*Rugby for 2 hours, plus 5Day F1 plus MMA. 

FredInChina

How did you estimate/measure your 18.4% BF Somalie?

Joshua Naterman

RobMob: WOW. that's a lot of work!

 

Somalie: Other than eating good food, the only thing I would consider getting more calories. You aren't getting enough for laying in bed, much less being active. You will probably get better results if you get yourself into the 2000-2500 range.

 

High intensity interval training is, by far, the most efficient  addition to H1/F1 to specificallly lean out. Tabata intervals are quite nice, and only take 4 minutes. Search Google to learn how to do these if you don't already know what they are.

 

Alex Chubb can probably give you more variations of this training than you could shake a forest of sticks at :)

Somalie

Fred I utilized a seven point site reading with a skinfold caliper.

thecolin

If you're getting good sources of protein, they'll already contain all the bcaas you'll need. I don't think that supplementing them will give any sort of benefit.

 

I agree with Josh that you may actually want to increase your calories, eating so little and doing such intense work might just lead to burn out. And an excessive deficit could actually just cause a massive rebound once you've lost the weight. Slow and steady wins the race.

Somalie

@ Josh. I also think my caloric intake is low too. But with eating paleo and a focus on fat loss it is really hard for me to consume 2k - 2.5k Calories. I mean when you can eat a double cheeseburger at like 600 calories or have Steak and Vegetable Medley w/ a Small Yam for the Same amount of calories, you find 'density' plays a roll. At least for me. I think as the intensity becomes higher I will base my intake of whole foods to how I feel. And not be so strict in tracking my exact numbers.

I have a protein and vegetable at every meal and I eat 4 times/ day.

In regards to HIIT. I have thought of having a HIIT Jump Rope routine post workout.

I use to weigh 135 @ 12 % body fat. So I've added on quite a bit over the years. Didn't have a six pack than either.

Keilani Gutierrez
Somalie said:

@ Josh. I also think my caloric intake is low too. But with eating paleo and a focus on fat loss it is really hard for me to consume 2k - 2.5k Calories. I mean when you can eat a double cheeseburger at like 600 calories or have Steak and Vegetable Medley w/ a Small Yam for the Same amount of calories, you find 'density' plays a roll. At least for me. I think as the intensity becomes higher I will base my intake of whole foods to how I feel. And not be so strict in tracking my exact numbers.

I have a protein and vegetable at every meal and I eat 4 times/ day.

In regards to HIIT. I have thought of having a HIIT Jump Rope routine post workout.

I use to weigh 135 @ 12 % body fat. So I've added on quite a bit over the years. Didn't have a six pack than either.

don't worry, Superman. ;)  everyone has a Renascence after doing the married life. I can see the tabloids now..."The New Man of Liquid Steel™! Superman, Reborn!"  B) I'm rootin' for ya!

FredInChina
KeilaniG said:

(...) everyone has a Renascence after doing the married life (...)

 

ROFL... and how precisely would you know about that? :P

Keilani Gutierrez

because I've worked with enough married couples to see the whole "first i was this, i let myself go, now here i am. i want to change" to know it for a fact :D if they actually follow through with it like hopefully like our man of steel here, the results would speak for themselves xD

Somalie
KeilaniG said:

because I've worked with enough married couples to see the whole "first i was this, i let myself go, now here i am. i want to change" to know it for a fact :D if they actually follow through with it like hopefully like our man of steel here, the results would speak for themselves xD

Lol. I'm not Married guys this is purely for myself. Tired of letting myself go. Enough is enough. If I have to cut short a 24 hour shift at double pay to be able to stick to my nutrition and workout, then I will. I've come to the realization that there is no such thing as compromise, just priorities. I am putting my health and well being above all else, responsibility to myself.

My energy levels are better despite boredom can still put me down. Lol.

And better than feeling more energy and seeing moves on the scale ( which doesn't mean anything -1lb fat + 1lb muscle) is no heart burn for the last 4-5 Days. Life is looking up and it's all thanks to this entire community and all those who contribute to it.

"Take care of today and tomorrow will take care of itself."

Keilani Gutierrez
Somalie said:

Lol. I'm not Married guys this is purely for myself. 

I just couldn't pass up the Man of Liquid Steel™ reference xD