This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help with Manna 1

Started by Joshua Hall, May 21, 2013 · 6 Replies · 361 Views

Joshua Hall

Hi guys,

 

I've purchased Foundation 1 along with Handstand 1 and have completed my first 12 week cycle and am onto the second 12 week cycle.  So far I've been able to do all the movements relatively easily (I'm working hard but can do the movements).  MN/PE1 (tuck up) I can do 5 x 15 no worries.  However having changed over to MN/PE2 (straddle up), I can't even get close to doing this.  Keeping my legs straight and elevating them seems to be the hardest part.

 

So I was just throwing it out there into the forum to see if anyone had any ways to help me improve to be able to do this.  Loving the rest of the program, but I've hit a little bump on the road.

 

Thanks

Flameous

http://www.drillsandskills.com/article/16

 

Try that last assistance drill. Get your hamstrings well warmed up before starting the work. It will take time and the cramping will be quite serious  :D

Ravn

A good cue for me is to contract the quads and calves HARD while sitting up. Seems counterproductive at first. You'll get it eventually, but this is as much about learning the movement, which is quite difficult, as it is about strength.

Joshua Hall

Guys thanks for your advice, already been a really noticeable improvement!

Badi

from basically one day to another? I feel like I have to practice couple of weeks till I notice something ;)

Flameous
Badi said:

from basically one day to another? I feel like I have to practice couple of weeks till I notice something ;)

If your muscle activation is wrong, just trying for a good cue might skyrocket your progress. Or show yet another hole in my physique...  :facepalm:

Joshua Hall

Yeh I really wasn't activating my quads and calves at all.  Doing that has made a big difference.  Still not 100% there yet, but feel a lot closer to doing the movement properly.