I have kind of figured this out already but would like to hear what do you guys think. It would also be nice to hear if there are other people involved with heavy physical labor while training intensively in gymnastics ![]()
I am a university student who works as a lumberjack during Summer. The work I do is heavy, I will be either walking all day long while cutting small trees with a chainsaw or cutting tall adult trees and lifting heavy logs. My upper body seems to be doing great, basically the work is the most intense for 1. lower back & legs and 2. grip strength, which both have been my personal physical strengths for a long time but I still do get "stiff" lower back nearly every now and then after the work. Really makes the SL/PE1 more fun(pain pain pain).
I do H1, F1-F2 and some extra work on my own. I have already limited the leg day for one workout a week(Friday -> weekend left to recover) because I noticed it was just too pain in the ass to work when your hamstrings were experiencing heavy DOMS. F-workouts thrice a week and H1 twice.
My biggest concerns are the ability to progress because the work is really CNS intense... sometimes after work I am so drained that I hardly have any energy to workout. Nevertheless, I still do the workout. They say the most important days are those when you really have to push yourself to do it.
Any tips?