This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weeks 11/11/11/12 cycle

Started by stan, May 20, 2013 · 7 Replies · 382 Views

stan

The course says that we can repeat the 4 week cycles if we need more time on an exercise, but I'm wondering if doing 3x week 11 instead of weeks 9/10/11 is ok too. I have two uses of this -

  • exercises that are mastered, but the iM is still behind
  • exercises where I'm ok with the week 11 volume, but the form/tempo can be improved - and this is the form not being perfect from the first set due to mobility or coordination, rather than being perfect at the start and then worsening.

So is doing weeks 11/11/11/12 instead ok in these cases?

Flameous
stan said:

 

  • exercises where I'm ok with the week 11 volume, 

 

There you pretty much answered your question yourself. But whether you actually are ok with that volume can't be said until you have tried it for at least a cycle. I personally prefer to just repeat the minicycle and do some stretching and foam rolling with that extra energy.

FredInChina

This was asked recently: the answers were that it was okay to do it; Coach Sommer's preference was to repeat the whole micro-cycle for various reasons, notably focus on form, and maintenance of the cycle load structure.

stan

I reach week 11 normally maybe even after repeating week 9 or 10 on the way. Then I tried to drop from there to 9 for a new cycle, for example in SL/PE1, but it felt like I'm not doing any work at the week 9 volume. But I don't know if there is some benefit similar to the deload weeks in dropping the volume or if it is perfectly fine to keep it at w11.

 

Edit: Thanks Fred, so there are some reasons to keep the micro-cycle then. I'll try it and see how it feels.

Leo Trinidad

Hi, sorry to ask this but i want to clarify, is the microcycle starts from the week 1,5,9 until the deload week or the 3,7,11 plus the deload week? When you say a microcycle, is it the 4 weeks or just 2 weeks? Thanks.

Flameous

It's 4 weeks, ending with the deload.

Joshua Slocum

Specifically, weeks 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12 are micro-cycles. 

Leo Trinidad

thanks. Almost got lost there.. :)