This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

stall bars

Started by Jonas H, May 19, 2013 · 9 Replies · 474 Views

Jonas H

http://treningspartner.no/abilica/hengeribbe Are these sufficient enough for foundation? They are so expensive in Norway so I cannot afford a whole xD

 

Did not know if I should`ve posted this in the equipment section or here since it`s related to f1..

 

Erik Rissanen

I can see at least one exercise in F2 already where that "stall bar top" won't be enough because the exercise uses a bar from the middle. You need the room above the bar, so you cannot use the top bar because it is too close to the ceiling. I would save my money and get a proper one rather than having to spend the full money later on anyway.

 

There might be ways to improvise through the various exercises though, but I cannot really know since only F2 has been released and I am still training at the F1 level. I'll get the proper bars myself to make things simpler and to avoid doubt.

Cole Dano

It will work great if you order about ten of them.  :)

Jonas H

So it`s a no go then. Ok, Guess I`ll save up some more then :)

 

Thanks for answering!

corrumpu

I see no reason you shouldn't/couldn't build them. 

 

Some dowels, two 2x6s and a forstner bit. 

 

will they be as nice as store bought? maybe not but vastly cheaper and will suffice for F1+.

 

The equipment section has quite a few build threads for them. 

 

I made a set for around 125$ (USD)

 

--chris

Murray Truelove

What are those of us without room for stall bars supposed to do? I thought about a rope ladder that I could hang over the door.

Coach Sommer

Perhaps this would be workable if the rope ladder had PVC piping across the rungs.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Slocum

That would be sufficient for the leg-lift work.

Cole Dano

You might even be able to put them on either side of the door  for some of the other iMs.

 

I have heard they can have durability issues, but they aren't expensive either.