This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Is it cool to do IM more often than scheduled?

Started by 151, May 18, 2013 · 9 Replies · 484 Views

151

My mobility is far behind my strength.  I am fine with strictly sticking to the scedule, but if IM's are okay to do more often I would.

 

Thanks

Joshua Slocum

I do this. Listen to your body; some mobility elements can leave parts of you you pretty fatigued, but as a general rule, additional mobility work can be beneficial.

151

Thanks.

Eric HARDOUIN

Mobility often improves 'strenght' because of less resistance, better form, stability and control.

For instance, RC/PE or SL/PE for me is getting better as I work shouler mobility and scapulo-humeral rythm only. Even push-ups gets better. Mobility should always be adressed first, with the necessary volume.

Otherwise you're hammering a twisted nail...

Si it's more than cool to work mobility often ;)

FritsMB

I don’t know if it is cool, but, yes, I train most of the mobility elements (and the strength elements where mobility is a limiting factor) deliberately slower then shown on the demo videos; for example, I do the Jefferson curls (MN PE2, iM) typically at a 10 seconds down, 10 seconds hold, 5 seconds up pace (about 2 minutes per set). I also practice, for example, broomstick dislocates and inlocates, at different times of the day. It all seems to help; my active flexibility is slowly improving. Slow, but definite progress.

Jonas H

Im wondering something about Im too, i.e the twisting squat, do you have to perform 10 reps after every set or is that only the requirement for when demonstrating mastery?

Adriano Augusto
Jonas H said:

Im wondering something about Im too, i.e the twisting squat, do you have to perform 10 reps after every set or is that only the requirement for when demonstrating mastery?

After every set, correct.

Jonas H

but the rep number? Is 10 required or can you wait until demonstrating mastery to do that?

Joshua Slocum

You can do what you want, but if you wish to get the most out of your workout, you should do the full number of reps prescribed. 

bluebellstar

Just note that some mobility elements (in particular, SLS/PE1>iM and PE2>iM) can be very hard on connective tissue if overdone.