Routine Questions

Started by Riseagainst, May 17, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,228 Views

Riseagainst

Hello,

 

I am new to the forum and to gymnastics training. I have been working out on and off for years and enjoy training more for health and lifestyle reasons than anything else. I work a pretty physical job and want to stay in the best condition possible. As of recently I have been suffering from a lot of nagging injuries which I am hoping gymnastic training can help. My question is this, can i modify Foundation 1 to fit my goals and schedule better? Because of my job I have a difficult time maintaining a set workout schedule. Also I want to include some heavy leg work.

 

They way I have set up my workout is by having 1 day dedicated to upper body and 1 day lower body, with rest days in between. I am working all the upper body exercises from foundation 1 in one workout along with the mobility for each. The leg days are focused around either barbell squats or stiff leg deadlifts. Is it too much to be doing all the upper body exercises in 1 day? I will still be using a deload week every so often.

FredInChina

No, the foundation police will get you! :icon_twisted:

 

Joking aside, of course you can change the Foundation schedule, progressions and even exercises, there is absolutely no problem with that except two minor, but rather annoying inconveniences:

1- Don't call it foundation any longer.

2- The new plan will likely not be as good as the original.

 

:)

 

 

It is funny how sometimes the forum names are telling...

Painisgain wants to get the CTI in 2 years.

Riseagainst wants to change the foundation program... :D

Jon Douglas
FredInChina said:

It is funny how sometimes the forum names are telling...

Painisgain wants to get the CTI in 2 years.

Riseagainst wants to change the foundation program... :D

'Charm' is so ludicrously charismatic....

'FredInChina' is ACTUALLY in China...

'Coach Sommer' is actually a professional coach...

 

Spooky.

Joshua Slocum
Charm said:

'Charm' is so ludicrously charismatic....

'FredInChina' is ACTUALLY in China...

'Coach Sommer' is actually a professional coach...

 

Spooky.

C-c-c-combo-breaker. 

Joshua Slocum
Riseagainst said:

Is it too much to be doing all the upper body exercises in 1 day? I will still be using a deload week every so often.

It's certainly doable. Some of the combined H1+F1 templates recommend doing all the foundation exercises on one day. Whether it's too much for you can only be determined by trying it. 

Riseagainst

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured it would be an individual evaluation to determine if the workout would be to much. I have done static training in the past and know it can be taxing on the body. Ill just have to take my chances with the f1 police.