Questions about HSPU Ladders and Hip extensions

Started by tcorgat, May 17, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,805 Views

tcorgat

I didn't wanted to start two topics, so I'll ask my questions about both here.

 

- For HSPU Ladders: When reversing the ladders back to the begining, should we go: ...HeSPU -> HS Wall runs, Negative HeSPU -> HS wall runs ... OR: ...HS wall runs -> HeSPU, HS wall runs -> Negative HeSPU...

 

- For Hip Extensions: When extending the leg sideways, should the knee and toes be pointing forward, or uppwards?

 

I know the WODs might not be as popular nowadays with the foundation, but I'm still doing them and was always wondering about the correct execution of these two exercises.

gohei_

I think you are supposed to always do the wall runs after the hspu variation.

For the hip extension, if I remembee correctly, the knee should be pointed to the ceiling.

Jon Douglas

I always went up Box Hespu -- etc-- HSPU, then down from the top. I don't have my notes to hand but I think it was specified to reverse the ladder.

Not 100% sure about the hip extensions, I did them basically as very slow kicks, so forward was toes up with feet pointed, sideways was toes forward and blade of foot reaching out. Whatever gave me the most extension, didn't really mind about the position aside from facilitating the movement.