Is garlic good or bad for you ?

Started by MrPuppeh, May 17, 2013 · 13 Replies · 7,678 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

I think this question needs an experts opinion about it.

 

I read that garlic has been used in medicine, that it kills bad bacteria, is a good antioxidant etc etc.

 

But today I read that Garlic kills brain cells. It says that garlic has sulfohydroxil in it that is a deadly poison that kills everything...

 

And I just made some garlic butter in thought that I would use it daily by small amounts to get my immune system up and other benefits. 

 

But what now ? 

Is this the truth, that garlic is no good to us ?

 

Please help me on this 

 

Daniel Burnham

Garlic like most foods is fine in moderation.

Ruthen

Garlic contains antibacterial properties which helps in treating toothache,cold, cough and other throat irritations. It considered to regulate the blood sugar level by increasing the release of insulin in diabetics

Bissen
Daniel Burnham said:

Garlic like most foods is fine in moderation.

Really not sure I'd ever want to overboard with garlic...

Maybe I'd even less to hang out with people who overdo garlic. Ew.

Samui

I just like to use garlic seasoning in many of my dishes. Hard to over consume it, easy to eat almost daily and makes the food usually taste way better ;)

Micawberian

And that sums up another episode of Nutrition and Common Sense! Tune in next week to GB nutrition to find out if water good or bad for you! Featuring a bonus episode on "Strawberries: Red is the Colour of the Devil". The results will shock and surprise you! 7pm eastern time (4pm pacific).

Keilani Gutierrez
Biren P. said:

And that sums up another episode of Nutrition and Common Sense! Tune in next week to GB nutrition to find out if water good or bad for you! Featuring a bonus episode on "Strawberries: Red is the Colour of the Devil". The results will shock and surprise you! 7pm eastern time (4pm pacific).

:lol:

trw

Ha!

Bro'

Too much garlic is bad. For your social life, mainly.

Patrick Smith

Garlic can be very, very useful in certain social situations. I think the only comparable conversation killer is coffee breath.

 

;)

Bissen

Some people stink of garlic through their skin. I'm not kidding. It's horrible.

MarkHerry

Well according to me garlic has benefits but it has also some side effects. It depends on us that how much we use garlic. We should use it in a normal quantity not too much.

synchroGENized

 

Some people stink of garlic through their skin. I'm not kidding. It's horrible.

That happened to me once!  I read in some magazine that you can roast garlic, store it in olive oil and it makes delicious (I forget what).... So I bought a flat, and roasted it all, then somehow started munching it straight while studying.  I ate a few pounds worth... it was ok until a few hours later when I started sweating garlic.  Interestingly it only took two days to get over

SuperBru

I would recommend not overindulging in garlic bread as it contains a reasonable amount of saturated fats.