Ok, so I see it's not just me struggling with this one. I got my video camera up again after packing it away to empty up my place, and I actually do much better than I thought. My legs are pretty much up there, which I did not think until I saw it on video, but my torso is much lower than supposed to.
Anyway, so I started to study the course video in more detail to see what the standard is. I paused the video at the top of the movement to see what I am aiming for.
And then I saw it, what I had missed completely. At the top of the movement, for instance at 6 seconds into the video, I can see the athlete touching his hands on the floor. And there appears to be tension in this touch because his fingers are bent backwards from the pressure against the floor.
I always did this movement with my arms up in the air. Like in the bottom of the three pictures on the right. I never noticed the touching of the floor because of the picture on the side, which I thought represented the top position in the movement.
So, are we supposed to pull on the floor with our fingers? That might help me balancing up my torso. I haven't tried yet since I just did my training ealier tonight.