This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Up Tips

Started by Julian Wilson, May 15, 2013 · 7 Replies · 446 Views

Julian Wilson

Hi everyone!

I did these for the second time today and it felt much better. I'm looking for some more tips. I know my legs have to be straighter and I'm trying my best to keep them straight but it's just so hard :D

Anything else?

Thanks for the help once again! 

 

 

 

Ravn

Yeah, it's hard but keep those legs straight! You're not going to get anywhere, until you straighten them. Then begin increasing ROM.

FritsMB
Julian Wilson said:

....

Anything else?

 

 

 

Change your music to a slow ballad (you were following the quick beat of whatever music you had

on in the video; that did not help you). After your warm up, lie down. Straighten your 

legs and point your toes and hold everything tight. Take your time to do that. 

Visualize how you are going to sit up slowly and then do it (with a count of three). Hold your 

position for two counts (holding your legs and feet tight and straight) and go back down slowly. 

Video yourself and compare it with the instruction video. And post it here if you feel like it.

 

Edited by FritsMB.

Bissen

As Frits says, it's too fast. It's not an explosive exercise :)

LateStarter@46

Hi there, just adding that according to the instructional video, you will need to start with your legs together straight in front of you. Then pull them apart on the way up and bring them towards each other again on the way down. 

Julian Wilson

Thanks for all the help guys!

FredInChina

I agree with FritsMB, change your music! :wacko:

N00dl3

I second the pike stretch. It is a mobility move in a further progressions so you can look it up. Its a loaded one and oh man it does magic. Only 2 workouts and my straddle up has improved dramatically!