This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Salt Lake Area

Started by mark, May 15, 2013 · 20 Replies · 1,808 Views

mark

Anybody doing GB in Salt Lake or Utah county?

Chris Moody

Though two months late to this, I'm in Layton, which is in neither but close.

mark

That's not too far away.  My cousin in Pleasant Grove is working through Foundation 1 with me.  He's also a crossfit instructor.  We'll have to schedule a meet-up.

minimanning

I've been doing GB at home in Riverton. I'm open to meeting up.

Stephen Thayer

Are you guys still doing GB? Anybody else in Utah county?

Chris Moody

I'm not in Utah county but I had responded to this thread. I'm up north, in Kaysville. I still use GB and GB-inspired training. 

Stephen Thayer

I'm in Lehi. I wish there was a GB affiliate in Utah. I'd love to make a trek to the one in Denver some day. Maybe even go to a seminar. I've been mixing GB progressions with CrossFit. 

minimanning

Stephen if you're in lehi and youd like to get more involved and have some open hours, you could always go to all American gymnastics. I train there every day with my GB workouts

Stephen Thayer

Thanks, @minimanning. I'll have to check them out. 

Matt Geerdes

Hello, I have a friend looking for a GB trainer in Salt Lake City?  Thank You!  Matt

Chris Moody

Where in SLC? I'd be down to meet up at a park and bring my kiddos along. I'm in Kaysville

Brett Manning

I'll have to check, I don't know of any parks with a high bar or somewhere to put rings up. If all else fails we can use a high school football goal post.

Tanya Hill

Maybe a tree branch! ;)

 

Kimberly McCallum

I like it! I have definitely hung my rings at several different parks with bars or play equipment and so far, no one has given me any grief but if some kiddos were to come, we would surely be safe ;-) My post was somewhat poorly timed though as I am just about to leave on a 2.5 week trip. Could we scope some parks and try to set something up for early August? 

Brett Manning
14 hours ago, Kimberly McCallum said:

I like it! I have definitely hung my rings at several different parks with bars or play equipment and so far, no one has given me any grief but if some kiddos were to come, we would surely be safe ;-) My post was somewhat poorly timed though as I am just about to leave on a 2.5 week trip. Could we scope some parks and try to set something up for early August? 

That'd be great!

Kimberly McCallum

You guys still interested in meeting up? This Friday or Next Monday?

Matt Geerdes

Hello Kimberly, 

I'm actually in Phoenix and posted for a friend of mine in Salt Lake.  I mentioned your meetup to him but I think he's looking for a trainer in the Salt Lake area?  Please let me know if you know of a GB trainer? Thank you!

Brett Manning

I can do Friday before 8 pm

Stephen Thayer

I just got shoulder surgery, so I will be out of commission for a while. I've had the GB program since 2014 and I can't tell you how many times I've started and stopped. Hopefully I'll heal up and be able to stick with it next time. I'll keep tabs on this forum and maybe join you guys some day.

Kimberly McCallum

Ouch, hope you heal up soon! For this interested, how about Friday at 5? I have rings and mini parallel bars... location?

Mark Weaver
On 8/1/2017 at 12:05 PM, Stephen Thayer said:

I just got shoulder surgery, so I will be out of commission for a while. I've had the GB program since 2014 and I can't tell you how many times I've started and stopped. Hopefully I'll heal up and be able to stick with it next time. I'll keep tabs on this forum and maybe join you guys some day.

Same here.  But the last 2 months I've stayed consistent.  I'm still in South Jordan, and just workout at home.  Built some stallbars next to where I hang rings in the basement.  Would love a GB affiliate closer than Denver.