This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Doug's Beginning GB Workout Log

Started by fisheromen1031, January 24, 2009 · 4 Replies · 665 Views

fisheromen1031

I'm not really sure what all to put into a workout log, but hopefully posting here will keep me motivated to be consistent.

01/23/09

wrist pushups 10

first knuckle pushups 10

frog stand 10,15,20,15

tuck FL 20,15,15,10

wrist pushups 5

first knuckle pushups 5

This workout was done over about 45 minutes. The pushups were done from my knees, and I alternated frog stand and tuck FL between sets. A couple of other notes: the line connecting my shoulders to my hips is at about [degrees]30[/degrees] from vertical, and I'm noticing that trying to keep my toes pointed adds more difficulty to frog stand than I had expected.

I was working up the planche progression some a few months ago; then, I got a bit busy with school and traveling. So now I'm starting over. Apparently being able to do 15 seconds of advanced tuck planche 2 months ago doesn't help my frog stand today. :?

I hope to add more elements to my workout as I read more on the GB website and forum. :)

Any comments, thoughts, or advice are welcome,

Doug

fisheromen1031

Monday 01/26/09

some stretching stuff

wrist pu 10

first knuckle pu 10

frog stand 20,20,20 (seconds)

tuck FL 15,15,15,15 (seconds) about 15-20 degrees today

head stand against wall 30,30 (seconds)

wrist pu 5

first knuckle pu 5

re-stretching and other stretches

Again pushups were from knees. I tried alternating between frog and FL, but FL was harder today so the sequence ended up: frog, FL, frog, FL, rest, FL, frog, FL. I also added a couple of head stand sets in afterward. HeS isn't too bad, but I think it may take a couple weeks for me to get to free-standing HeS.

Today's workout was about 30 minutes. I didn't rest as much between sets today, and I really feel it. Strangely, tuck FL was harder today, while frog stand was easier. Maybe I should try to go at a more relaxed pace, but it sure doesn't look like I'm accomplishing much for the time it takes. Actually, I might try shorter sets next time.

fisheromen1031

Tuesday 01/27/09

some stretching stuff

wrist pu 10

first knuckle pu 10

tuck FL 6x10s (seconds) about 20-30 degrees today

frog stand 6x10s

head stand against wall 2x30s

wrist pu 5

first knuckle pu 5

re-stretching and other stretches

Again pushups were from knees. I did tuck FL and frog stance in supersets again today with a couple of minutes between supersets.

I tried the shorter sets today, and I think that will suit me better for trying to get the form right. I'm still feeling quite well worked. Today's workout was about 45 minutes.

fisheromen1031

I had planned to get workouts in on Thursday and Friday, but I was busy trying to get some stuff done for a presentation. I'm liking how last Tuesday's workout turned out so I think I'll keep it for awhile. My lower back on the left side is bothering me today; I think I pulled it while helping move around a platform after church service yesterday.

Monday 02/02/09

some stretching stuff

wrist pu 10

first knuckle pu 10

tuck FL 6x10s about 20-30 degrees

frog stand 6x10s

head stand against wall 2x30s

wrist pu 5

first knuckle pu 5

re-stretching and other stretches

During my HeS, I was able to hold my feet away from the wall and balance for a few seconds at a time on the first set and most of the second set.

Stretching seemed to free up my back a bit, and today's workout went well.

fisheromen1031

My back is still bothering me this morning, but here it goes ...

Tuesday 02/03/09

about 30 minutes of various back stretching

some stretching other joints

wrist pu 10

first knuckle pu 10

tuck FL 6x10s about 20-30 degrees

frog stand 6x10s

head stand against wall 2x30s

wrist pu 5

first knuckle pu 5

re-stretching and other stretches

I may have lost count and actually went through 7 supersets of tuck FL and frog stand. I only touched the wall a few times during my headstands today; they were kinda wobbly though.

My handstand progression is going faster than I thought it would; Hopefully, my FL and planche progressions will start taking off in the next couple of weeks.