31/05/2013
One of my sets of adv. tuck FL. Still some work to do straightening out my back- I did around 7 sets, each trying not to break the form. I'm definitely starting to feel the technique of pushing down with the shoulders- from looking back, I can see my arm angle has increased (from almost vertical to a bit of an angle).
Another question: How should i compare my ring work to work in the gym? For example, from the FL video, i have afterwards also tried some 1 leg extension attempts, but the body shape breaks (meaning I am not ready for this variation). However on a straight bar I have been able to do one leg extension sets. What level should I be at on a straight bar if i can hold the adv. tuck FL? If I can hold a 1 leg out on rings -> SFL on bar? and SFL on rings -> FL on straight bar?
-------------------------
Hi all,
After recently deciding that I was attempting advanced moves too early for my current ring strength and technique, I have decided to work up from the bottom (as I probably should of done before). I am working on ring support holds, pushups, pullups and will start attempting BL/FL work again after some elbow pains during some SBL work.
Above is some footage of my recent workout. How useful is the first exercise? I sort of made it up as it makes the ROM bigger for handstand pushups as they are getting easier (need bigger ROM to really work the shoulders harder).
How is my false grip on the muscle up work- and does it looks I am performing the muscle up assisted work properly?
Any critique would be much appreciated. I am struggling with some wrist injury that has been occuring for months (outside of wrist) and I am not sure exactly what is causing it. Was wondering if anyone has similar issues; the pain occurs when I put pressure on it at any point in a curling sort of sense (wrist curls would be a perfect example of what would cause me the most displeasure in my wrist).
Many thanks!