This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bar n ring

Started by LIE, May 15, 2013 · 3 Replies · 135 Views

LIE

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before

For RC PE 2 n 3 can we replace ring with bar or another 'fix' object ?

Thx

Keilani Gutierrez

hmm....i dont know...i wonder how effective using a TRX set up would be. I'm sure we use the rings for a reason (since we train on rings after all)

Doddibot

I imagine the TRX, or any home-made TRX/ring substitute, wouldn't really change the exercise. At least for anything where you're hanging off of it.

 

A fixed object like a bar would change the exercise (by not allowing your grip to rotate or move), but whether that matters isn't something I would know because I'm no coach.

dritar

I feel RC PE3 is much easier with the TRX because of the way the handles are connected instead of being independent like rings.

 

In a bar, if it's at the right height I think it's ok albeit it can be uncomfortable if you're not used to it.

 

Since I travel a lot this is really an exercise I have to sub often. I've even resorted to using the bathroom sink of the small hotel room I was in last week (less than ideal ROM and forced into a supinated grip -- better than nothing I guess). 

 

You can sub this exercise with many things but to demonstrate mastery I'd prefer to do it on rings. I'm going to buy some and be done with it as they're easy to pack anyways.