Hello people of the Forum!
I recently had surgery to repair my torn meniscus. The recovery time for repairs, opposed to orthoscopic excision of damaged tissue, is considerably longer (about a year to regain 80% strength, and an additional year to regain the remaining 20%). I'll be able to run and have higher impact (jumping) training in 12 more weeks, but for now there is no pivoting or high impact motions allowed.
I'm a martial artist, so most of my movements, whether grappling or striking, are generated by my legs and core. With my stabilization gone from my leg, I can't get a proper workout in. I haven't bought any of the foundations or handstand products, but was thinking about a more gymnastic style of body control. I also figured that these types of exercises are fairly upperbody oriented, so it wouldn't put too much strain on my knee, in addition to not exhausting my legs which could slow my physical therapy.
Looking for input to see what kind of strain foundation/handstand workouts have on the knee joint, and if it would be worth it given my recovery needs to invest in this now, or later.
Let me know what you guys think!
Cliffs:
-Hurt knee
-Long recovery
-Will foundation/handstand be okay for me?
Cheers