Scapulae pushups

Started by FyahGreen, May 13, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,114 Views

FyahGreen

HI, my question is:

 

Doing scapular pushups, I suppose that my pelvic must be hollow all the time, but i notice its harder harder on the bottom of the rep...

Hollow everytime?¿? Or neutral?¿?

FredInChina

Do your best to stay hollow, but keep the scaps moving. :)

Keilani Gutierrez

I notice I found myself craning my neck forward during standard pushups, eliminating this helped making the form look and feel better by making them a little bit more challenging(instead of touching nose, touching chest to ground) 

 

as a result, I stopped "looking" for depth in my scap pushups. staying with your neck neutral and just looking to move the scaps to their end ROM like Fred is point out, will help improve your form and feel of the hollow while in movement. 

 

perhaps you were already doing this, on the other hand, i've had more than enough wonderful cues to keep me progressively progressing even if it is just one exercise that can be re-updated with cues to make them more....potent. xD