Hello all.
I just completed 12 weeks where I began F1 (and H1 when it came out) and a leangains cut at the same time. I was doing the cut under the guidance of a nutritional consultant.
Prior to these 12 weeks I had been eating a more or less paleo/primal diet for 1.5 years. I had also been doing GST following the program from the BtGB book (usually some form of the kilroy template) for about 3.5 years. I had never done leangains or any form of IF before. I have never attempted to loose weight before as well.
I worked out 3 days a week doing the F1 split, and H1 either before or after on the workout days.
I'm a 41 year old dude, by the way.
And the results:
14 Feb 13:
Weight: 77.6kg
Chest: 109cm
Right arm: 35cm
Left arm: 34cm
2" above navel: 90cm
Navel: 91.2cm
2" below navel: 91cm
Hips: 94cm
Right Thigh: 54.4cm
Left Thigh: 52.6cm
Farmer's Tan: Negligible
12 May 13:
Weight: 73.1kg
Chest: 103.8
Right arm: 34.4cm
Left Arm: 33.5cm
2" above navel: 82.8cm
Navel: 84.9cm
2" below navel: 86.5cm
Hips: 91cm
Right Thigh: 53.1cm
Left Thigh: 53.5cm
Farmer's Tan: Moderately dorky
Looking at the photos there is very little changes visually. But the numbers are clear, and despite it not showing in the photos can see that I'm leaning out. As far as I can tell I lost fat and almost no muscle mass, and I have been getting stronger. I lost 6.3cm from my belly, and 5.2cm from my chest (I didn't even realize how much fat I was carrying there).
For my strength results, I began each exercise at week 1 (except for RC/PE2 which I started at week 5):
FL/PE1: pass
sPL/PE1: pass
HBP/PE2: pass (but will repeat week 9 micro cycle to clean up form)
RC/PE2: pass
MN/PE1: fail (pass for reps, but need to increase ROM, week 9 micro cycle)
SL/PE1: pass (but will repeat week 9 micro cyle to clean up form)
SLS/PE1: pass
also I supplemented these 3 exercises with the following improvements:
Front Lever straddle: 11sec > 19sec
Back Lever Flat Tuck: 18sec > 39sec
XR false grip Pull-ups: 5reps > 11reps
I will follow up with another post detailing (a little bit) on how I ate, how I tracked progress, etc...
Overall, I feel satisfied. I didn't undertake this as a crash diet to get ripped quickly, I wanted to establish a sustinable foundation to continue from. Overall, my health has been fantastic, I will detail that in the next post as well.
Anyone else doing leangains or IF?