I've been experimenting with hand position on this movement, and I've found that externally rotating the hands (so the fingers point towards the feet and the inside of the elbow is facing forward) greatly increases the difficulty. Will practicing the planche lean in this position confer benefits in the long run to straight arm strength (BL, PL, etc.)?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
sPL/PE5 Hand Position
Started by Sven Ravnstag, May 13, 2013 · 2 Replies · 108 Views
For the time being, stick to hands pointing outwards or forward. Planche leans with the hands facing backwards places much more stress on the elbows, to a degree where it is not appropriate for Foundation 1 work.
Thank you. Before F1, I was doing tuck planches with my fingers pointed backwards, but that was before a lot of the things I've since learned about form (shoulder protraction, forward lean, etc.). I thought it might be a good way to maintain the elbow strength I developed then, but better to not interfere with the task at hand.