This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Week 12 - PE1 Assessment

Started by pogo69, May 13, 2013 · 4 Replies · 355 Views

pogo69

At the beginning of week 12, I have now self-assessed my readiness to move on or otherwise, on each of the elements.  Doing 3-day template for F1 and H1 (but only up to week 8 with H1)

 

FL1/PE1    Bent Hollow Body Hold        FL1/PE1<iM    Cat-Cow

 

I can complete all sets without issue.  But shaking in the latter 2 sets, means I'm going back to week 9

 

sPL/PE1    Scapular Shrug        sPL/PE1<iM    Swivel Hips
 

Feel very fatigued in the latter 2 sets of sPL/PE1 and am nowhere near iM mastery (one hip more than the other).  Back to week 9 (possibly a couple+ of times)

 

HBP/PE1    Incline Pushup        HBP/PE1<iM    German Arm Swing
 

Mastery!!  Moving on to HBP/PE2

 

RC/PE1    Hinge Row        RC/PE1<iM    Upright Lat Lean
 

Failed reps in latter 2 sets both times in week 11.  Back to week 9.  It REALLY surprised me how badly I fatigue with this

MN/PE1    Tuck Up        MN/PE1<iM    Stiff Legged Windmill

 

Can complete all reps, but not happy with my stability/consistency, so back to week 9.  I could also use the additional work on mobility

 

SL/PE1    Arch Body Hold        SL/PE1<iM    Standing Hip Circle

 

Nowhere NEAR mastery.  While I managed to "complete" 5x60s in week 11, I was barely off the floor by the end of set 5, so this needs a LOT of work.  Back to week 5, so that I can build back up slowly and work on improved ROM

 

SLS/PE1    Deck Squat        SLS/PE1<iM    Skiers
 

Can complete all reps, but again not happy with stability/consistency throughout all sets.  So back to week 9

 

 

All up, a bit disappointed with only one pass.  But on the bright side, I am seeing clear and consistent improvement in strength and a VAST improvement in mobility

 

I also run a fair amount (average ~20-25km per week, but building up volume slowly) and do a 1-2hr bootcamp style session on Saturdays; both to assist with my hobby/sport of Obstacle Racing

I've been intending to start the odd session at a new Rock Climbing gym just up the road, but have found that, particularly as the weeks (and reps) have progressed, that I don't have a lot left over

Jon Douglas

Good stuff. No doubt when you revisit those elements in 4 weeks you'll fly through em with the extra practise :)

m6shifter

I like the way you assesed your f1 work. I just started week 10 today so far so good. Good luck with your microcycles. After week 11 I will asses my own program. Good luck pogo69

pogo69
Charm said:

Good stuff. No doubt when you revisit those elements in 4 weeks you'll fly through em with the extra practise :)

I think so too, with the exception of the dreaded ABH.  That is going to take a while, but I have been encouraged by the progress I've seen thus far

 

m6shifter said:

I like the way you assesed your f1 work. I just started week 10 today so far so good. Good luck with your microcycles. After week 11 I will asses my own program. Good luck pogo69

Cheers.  I'm looking forward to the end of this week, so that I can a) get going again and b) start using the Workout Planner and ditch the Excel spreadsheet!

pogo69

End of next mini-cycle (de-load next week) - time for re-evaluation

 

FL1/PE1    Bent Hollow Body Hold        FL1/PE1<iM    Cat-Cow

 

I can complete all sets without issue, but still shaking, possibly more than at the end of the previous cycle.  But this is (likely) because I had discovered the need for greater ROM.  Back to week 9 again

 

sPL/PE1    Scapular Shrug        sPL/PE1<iM    Swivel Hips
 

Much better than previous cycle.  Still appreciably fatiguing in the latter 2 sets, but not nearly as close to failure.  iM MUCH better and improving slowly, if very gradually - but a long way to go till I hit the floor.  Back to week 9

 

HBP/PE2    Pushup        HBP/PE2<iM    Xiaopeng Forward
 

End of week 3.  This is going really well.  Both the PE and iM.  I started out with 5kg on the iM which was a little ambitious - took it back to 2.5kg

 

RC/PE1    Hinge Row        RC/PE1<iM    Upright Lat Lean
 

Mastery!!  I was almost a little surprised, but the extra cycle was enough

 

MN/PE1    Tuck Up        MN/PE1<iM    Stiff Legged Windmill

 

Mastery!!  Windmill has become SOOOO much better - was ridiculously bad at the beginning of week 1.  As I've posted elsewhere, I think H1 and the windmill are working synergistically on my shoulder mobility

 

SL/PE1    Arch Body Hold        SL/PE1<iM    Standing Hip Circle

 

The bane of my existence.  I hate it with a passion.  But... the ROM is remarkably improved.  I'm tempted to take this right back to week 1 and concentrate of improving ROM to an acceptable level with volume that I can comfortably handle

 

SLS/PE1    Deck Squat        SLS/PE1<iM    Skiers
 

Mastery!!  These have been helping me so much with knee pain and stability for all the running I've been doing

 

 

I'm also at the end of week 11 for HS1/PE1.  I need to video myself sometime in the next week, because I have no clue how close my iM is to mastery

 

 

All up; pretty happy.  Encouraging after last cycles somewhat disappointing outcomes