Pain in the forearms when I do manna

Started by Lucas Abner, May 13, 2013 · 11 Replies · 2,697 Views

Lucas Abner

Hey guys.

 

When I make Manna, every time, I feel a pain in the forearm when I do... Why for I do this, I tilt more for back, and thus overloading the hands, hurting the forearms... 

 

what do you suggest I do to I train manna without having this pain?

 

 

Check manna;

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MiDrvz6I8

 

thanks.

 

Joshua Naterman

You may need to spend some time developing strength in the partially pressed up position... or perhaps training the full Manna less frequently.

 

That's a lot of wrist extension, and you may be over-straining the tissues faster than they can recover.

Christoph

I have the same problem in Manna progressions with my left wrist (which I once had broken, so it's a bit unstable). You are extending the wrist too much, so you have to train the wrist flexors to make them help the ligaments position the wrist correctly (and *not* stretch them even more). I'm doing wrist curls, arm extended downwards, bending only the wrist. At the moment with a 15 kg dumbbell, don't take too much, do that slowly and very controlled. Very simple, but if I forget it one day - the next day my wrist is unhappy.

Joshua Naterman

That might work for you, good luck!

 

Hands to the side should certainly work, that's how it's done on parallel bars.

Lucas Abner

Thanks friend ;)

 

In parallel bar is more easy than the in floor with hands for front, why you can use the strength of the forearm to stabilize the position.

Andreas

You could also try doing it on your fingers. Not the fingertips, but the whole fingers with the wrist elevated? Know what I mean?

 

This way you can turn your hands back and have the counterbalance, but the wrist isn't extended as much. For me, that's the easiest way to perform it.

Lucas Abner

Yes, I understand what you mean... but I not can... I go further with hand for front. this may be custom.

Joshua Slocum

You're about 30 degrees away: the legs need to be perfectly horizontal. Excellent work, though: you're almost there!

Lucas Abner

I put band between my wrists, and now no pain when I do manna...

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKn6CDjXOY&feature=youtu.be

 

i will do manna not very often (2x in week) and betweeen this time I will make exercices for improve the ''back slope'' in manna with hands for back... the exercices that I will make is this;

 

[L-sit lift with weigh (12kg)] -- good exercice for triceps pweroeprfff

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HSa0PHVCQ

 

When I hold this V-sit [15kg in abs] with the hip in height of the elbows or more,  I will make Manna more insurance lol

 

 

 

 

and Manna attempts with hands for front or side I'll always be doing ^^