This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My plan to conquer the Arch Body Hold

Started by MrPuppeh, May 11, 2013 · 7 Replies · 408 Views

MrPuppeh

So, we all know that the ABH is one tough bite to swallow. 

 

In my personal experience I understood that the jump from week 2 ( 5x12 ) to week 3 (3x24) was too big, in my opinion. Because my form was bad at the last seconds and I could barely hold it at the end.

 

I thought of doing this - I am gonna master the ABH using the 30 sec mastery template and after that i will continue with the 60 sec mastery template. 

 

I know it will take time, but doing all the reps/holds with perfect form is very important, although we want to move forward and often when we reach our limit and our form drops then we tend to clear the "evidence" in our head and pretend it was ok and move to the next week / progression.

 

I really doubt that You could clear the "evidence" if Coach would see your in-proper form. :)

 

 

Jon Douglas
MrPuppeh said:

 

I really doubt that You could clear the "evidence" if Coach would see your in-proper form. :)

I'm all for your plan, it is a solid if long term approach but... you don't think anyone can perform an arch body hold correctly?

MrPuppeh
Charm said:

I'm all for your plan, it is a solid if long term approach but... you don't think anyone can perform an arch body hold correctly?

I meant it as the last reps or the last seconds on a static hold on a hard exercise when the shaking and the slight form loss starts to appear( Not in every case but this has happened to everyone ). I did not mean to insult anyone. Also my english is not so good also.

Jon Douglas
MrPuppeh said:

I meant it as the last reps or the last seconds on a static hold on a hard exercise when the shaking and the slight form loss starts to appear( Not in every case but this has happened to everyone ). I did not mean to insult anyone. Also my english is not so good also.

Oh I'm not insulted, just curious ^_^

Patience and ambition are a good combination, don't be afraid to push yourself too :)

Adriano Augusto

It's a good alternativa plan, of course. 

 

IMO I prefer constant microcycles and add extra mobility, and for the moment it does the job. 

 

Good luck!

dasede

Good idea (and Coach seems to approve of it as well :) ).

 

I think I'm going to do the same thing, but starting from week 10 on the 30 second template since I was doing 60 second template week 5 this week. The jump from week 5 to week 6 (24s to 36s) seems to be too much for me. Maybe 30s is manageable   :D

dynamo

I like the plan, especially if it helps to keep better form during the exercise as one progresses through the ranks.

trw

I'm about to start a similar plan myself. The ABH kills me, and the prescribed hold time increases are more than I can manage right now. It'll take me an extra month or two, but the alternative is awful form. I've felt new ROM open up having repeated the first microcycle once. I'm trying to lock that down and build from there.