Early morning training, spine health?

Started by gohei_, May 10, 2013 · 4 Replies · 3,666 Views

gohei_

So I have been reading here and there that our spine apparently is more prone to injury if you workout early in the morning, apparently it takes a few hours until the discs in the spine are back to normal after a nights sleep.

Does anyone have any input on this? How dangerous could it be and what is the safest amount of time to wait in the morning before doing any work?

Jon Douglas

My only input is that I've not had any problems, including when doing the bridge wall walks without a wall when the wods were running, and Jefferson curls now.

gohei_

That's reassuring to hear, and you do this right in the morning?

After reading about this I've tried to wait at least 2-3 hours after waking up until I do my exercise. It really messes up my schedule sometimes though.

Jon Douglas
gohei_ said:

That's reassuring to hear, and you do this right in the morning?

After reading about this I've tried to wait at least 2-3 hours after waking up until I do my exercise. It really messes up my schedule sometimes though.

Roll out of bed and into wrist stretches 3x a week, roll out of bed and into breakfast for 30 mins prior snack the others. I like doing conditioning first thing in the morning, then training skills in the evening; this is also partly just restlessness since I work at the computer a lot.

gohei_

Okay, sounds good. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it too much.