This disgusts me. Not only stealing exact material, making "his own" videos of it.
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/gymnastic-strength-training-program/
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cory Fair, May 10, 2013 · 15 Replies · 51 Views
This disgusts me. Not only stealing exact material, making "his own" videos of it.
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/gymnastic-strength-training-program/
I'm guessing he got a pointed message as the video is no longer there.
This certainly won't be the last time we'll see this kind of thing happen though.
I won't be asking that affiliate if they want to host a seminar.
Yeap, video is gone ![]()
People steal all the time, least they could have tried to make it original in some way...
Creating your own system now requires extra lawyers
Re: Copyright Infringement - Notice of Cease and Desist
Paradiso CrossFit to "Coach Sommer" <coachsommer@gymnasticbodies.com>... (Yesterday, 11:34 PM)Show details
Damn, sorry! My intention was to sing your praises and share what you have done with everyone I know. I am very excited about this information and the work that you have done and I will take these pages down immediately! Please let me know if there is any procedure (seminar, affiliation fee, etc)or way that I can change my website to continue teaching/promoting this information.
Again, my sincerest apologies.
David Paradiso
Paradiso CrossFit
4113 Redwood Ave.
Marina del Rey, CA 90066
(310) 823-1383
711 Hampton Dr.
Venice, CA 90291
(310) 450-6870
www.paradisocrossfit.com
From: Coach Sommer <coachsommer@gymnasticbodies.com>
To: mail@paradisocrossfit.com
Cc: webmaster@gymnasticbodies.com
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 11:03 PM
Subject: Copyright Infringement - Notice of Cease and Desist
Paradiso Crossfit,
You are currently in copyright violation regarding the unauthorized use of copyrighted materials from Foundation One (ISBN – 978-0-9821253-1-1) and Handstand One (ISBN – 978-0-9821253-2-8) written by Christopher Sommer on the Paradiso Crossfit website. Be aware that these are copyrighted materials registered with the US Library of Congress and are protected by law from unauthorized use.
Here is an excerpt of the legal notification in the front of each of the course(s)
"... Copyright © 2013 by Christopher Sommer
All rights reserved 
including the right of reproduction 
in whole or in part in any form.
Brief quotations without permission are acceptable 
if they are embodied within critical articles and reviews.
Please contact the publisher if
 use of extensive material is required ..."
As no written authorizations have been granted to your organization regarding extensive use of the aforementioned copyrighted materials; you are currently guilty of copyright infringement. Willfully continuing unauthorized of use copyrighted materials carries a maximum penalty of up to $150,000.00; "... and the court finds, that infringement was committed willfully, the court in its discretion may increase the award of statutory damages to a sum of not more than $150,000 ..."
You are hereby notified that you will immediately cease and desist all references to these materials on your website(s) and remove all of the copyrighted materials in question. This is the only courtesy notice that you will receive. You have 24 hours to comply and to acknowledge that compliance via email before I contact my attorneys and official legal proceedings for copyright infringement are initiated against Crossfit Paradiso.
The following Paradiso Crossfit website pages are in copyright violation. Be aware that copies of these pages have been made and stored in the event that litigation becomes necessary.
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/gymnastic-strength-training-program/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/handstand/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/manna/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/hollow-back-press/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/rope-climb/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/straddle-planche/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/side-lever/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/single-leg-squat/
http://www.paradisocrossfit.com/front-lever/
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
President, Gymnastic Bodies
What are your thoughts on the reply Coach?
Hmm he seems genuinely apologetic about it.
- I am non-plussed as to how stealing from me is "singing my praises".
- Perhaps. Is it the due to being genuinely sorry or due to being caught?
- Cory,
How much damage has been done? What was the activity level on the torrent you found? How many downloads and how many secondary links?
- Perhaps some sweat equity would be appropriate here; it occurs to me that I should require himself and two additional staff to attend multiple seminars until they achieve their F1 and H1 certifications.
Coach Sommer said:- I am non-plussed as to how stealing from me is "singing my praises".
- Cory,
How much damage has been done? What was the activity level on the torrent you found? How many downloads and how many secondary links?
- Perhaps some sweat equity would be appropriate here; it occurs to me that I should require himself and two additional staff to attend multiple seminars until they achieve their F1 and H1 certifications.
- Hard to argue, you're only an email or forum post away after all. Did the pages give Coach credit at all or steer people to F1/H1?
- Torrent? They put up a torrent !?
- Perhaps also doing X seminars at their facility with no profit sharing?
Yeah that in dunno, getting caught tends to do that.
Could have him and staff attend one seminar then have them host a seminar with low or no profit share.
I know quite a few people in that part of CA. Our seminar would do well there I think.
Coach Sommer said:- I am non-plussed as to how stealing from me is "singing my praises".
- Perhaps. Is it the due to being genuinely sorry or due to being caught?
- Cory,
How much damage has been done? What was the activity level on the torrent you found? How many downloads and how many secondary links?
-My impression is that he's a very dim bulb and some very dishonest people found it and spread it. He did "credit and link" to us, but reposting in that manner is still highly unethical.
-Impossible to gauge. I was sweeping for both F-Series and H1 torrents. Since H1 hasn't been torrented it was a site where people where asking in the comments where to find it and someone linked to this Crossfit site. I can only estimate activity level where there's a download. In this case, we're glad there isn't one.
-He also needs to take down the videos from his Youtube Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/paradisocrossfit1/videos) . Upon looking, they were uploaded only three days ago and have few views (not sure if embedding updates views or not). My guess is we caught this at the right time.
Holy mother of jesus, he videoed the entire F1 and H1 and put it up!
Can't go lightly in this case, it will make it too easy for someone else to do the same, let it be known that there will be consequences to this kind of behaviour.
Some of the YouTube clips have been up for a couple of weeks with 85 or so views, you could potentially count each as a lost sale and already have grounds to at least scare the pants off the guy.
Can't we report youtube videos directly to them instead of waiting on him to take them down?
Each video can be flagged and reported directly.
I'm not sure what to say about this guy, either blatant thievery or blatant moronic thinking. Just wow...
Cory,
As I am on a plane, please contact him with me cc'd and instruct him to remove ALL of the pertinent youtube videos immediately. Please also inform him that I will contact him regarding this further episode of copyright infringement later today.
If needed you can submit the copyright complaint via youtube and get them all taken down that way. I checked into the process. The copyright holder or agent of has to do the report.
Would it be a good idea to have a Terms and of Use Statement (EULA) in plain English, that must be checked similar to using software before being allowed to access each program?
I will not video, describe, or use the names of elements contained in this program outside of the designated forum without the express permission of Gymnastic Bodies.