This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Southern NH/Northern MA

Started by Cannister, May 9, 2013 · 9 Replies · 1,625 Views

Cannister

Is anybody in Southern NH/Northern Mass doing a GB-based training program?

 

I'm doing both the Foundation and Handstand Series (F1 + H1) and have a small space in my garage (rings, stall bars, parallettes).

 

If anyone is in the area speak up - maybe we can meet up, trade notes, get motivated.

Fluidity

I'm in New Jersey but I don't know if its possible for me to make it 

Joshua Slocum

You may be interested to know that Granite State Gymnastics in Bow New Hampshire has open gym time on Sundays, from 6pm-7:30pm. They have an excellent facility. 

 

If you're further south, Cambridge Community Gymnastics is a program that offers open gym time and adult gymnastics classes in Cambridge, Mass. 

Cannister
Hari_Seldon said:

You may be interested to know that Granite State Gymnastics in Bow New Hampshire has open gym time on Sundays, from 6pm-7:30pm. They have an excellent facility. 

 

If you're further south, Cambridge Community Gymnastics is a program that offers open gym time and adult gymnastics classes in Cambridge, Mass. 

 

huh!  Bow is ~40 minutes from home for me, and Cambridge Community Gymnastics would be ~53 minutes.  Have you been to the open gym there?  I wouldn't really know what to do if I went.  I feel like I'd just be standing around.

Cannister
Fluidity said:

I'm in New Jersey but I don't know if its possible for me to make it 

Nothing really to "make" - I was just wondering if anyone was within an hour's drive or something.  I'm sure there are plenty of people closer to you than me.

Joshua Slocum
Cannister said:

huh!  Bow is ~40 minutes from home for me, and Cambridge Community Gymnastics would be ~53 minutes.  Have you been to the open gym there?  I wouldn't really know what to do if I went.  I feel like I'd just be standing around.

I've been to both. When I go to Bow it's generally because I want to use their pit  :D

 

It sounds like you have all the equipment you need, so I don't know if the facilities would necessarily be of any use to you. But it's a place to go to potentially meet like-minded people in the area. 

WaldoSPE

I'm in Bedford.  I'm 4 years into Crossfit and just a short way into GB.  Would love to connect.

Plamen Jetchev

Waldo I'm in Woburn Ma, and would love to exchange notes. Started a month ago, so not much to offer, but it is better

when you have someone observing ...

gettin_stronger

I'm in Manch. My background is mostly barbell training but I'm working work on l-sit, handstand, dips, pullups, etc. and would love to progress with bodyweight skills.

Troy Edwards 208906

I realize that this is an old thread, but I'm in Manchester NH, if someone was interested in trying to organize some training. I don't mind training solo, but it's always nice to have someone give an outside perspective. 

 

New to GST, but a personal trainer, with 20 years of martial arts training and teaching, plus I have trained a couple nationally top ranked wrestlers (including my daughter). Also a strong ashtanga yoga background 

45 year old male, very fit, but pretty broken