This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Description Confusion

Started by flipson, May 9, 2013 · 11 Replies · 320 Views

flipson

I'm just starting Foundation One and I'm confused about the form for the RC/PE1. In the description, It says to start with shoulders and Glutes just off the ground. But in the video, the gymanst seems to have shoulders off the ground but his glutes are firmly on the ground. Any thoughts?

thecolin

From what I recall Coach has said on this that you should start with your glutes off the ground, then as you pull up your glutes may touch depending on the length of your torso.

 

I agree that the video and the description seem a bit contradictory, so I'm not sure what perfect form is.

 

Here's the thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/9994-hinge-row-butt-off-the-floor/

Primate

Knowing how much time Coach put into the video and photo portion of this product, my default assumption is that the video shows correct form :D .

 

I think it's fine if the glutes hit the floor during the exercise, so long as you're not using your bum as a fulcrum to pull yourself up using your abs situp style.  The exercise is a de-leveraged pulling exercise, not an arm assisted situp!

Riku Calderón

I have done it like what i think Cole Dano said.

My clutes are softly in the grond but i have no weight in them. All the weight is pulled with my upper back.

I actually have had nice gains in my triseps for this. I all ways though that i dont have goon pushing power in there but never did i realise that the pulling will feel there too.

Adriano Augusto

I come back all the way down to RC/PE1 (from RC/PE3) to this: doing with glutes off the floor, and it is another exercise. I did mastery just like the video shows (glutes on the floor), but I read severals threads about it and I tried off the floor and... mastery? not even close, and arms shaking like a pussy with 5x9.

 

So, to me, it is glutes off the floor, although the video is contradictory.

trw

Yeah, I'm with Adriano here. I wanted the video to be canon just because it's easier. But based on a number of other threads, glutes off the ground is protocol. Completely different. I feel it the most along my elbows, in a good way. Feels like I'm gaining vital joint strength.

Cole Dano

I've had students who don't quite get the movement at first do them with glutes high and they become quite hard to do. Though the athlete in the video seems to be quite close to the floor, really the amount of lift needed to do these as intended is very minimal.

Coach Sommer

The glutes should either be completely off the ground or just the lightest of touches.  It would appear that we need to reshoot this video.   :(

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Riku Calderón

Wohoooo! I have done it right. Still were not shure.

Joshua Naterman

A re-shoot would probably clear things up once and for all, for sure.

 

I know what I am seeing, but it is hard to see that the glutes aren't bearing any weight. I know they aren't, but it's not painfully obvious.

flipson

Thanks for all this feedback. I will start doing the excercise with glutes lightly off the floor and put the work into the upper body and back.

Julian Wilson

Joshua gave me a wonderful response in my thread. Find Hinge Row Form Check and Joshua details some good advice. When I try it this way, it is significantly harder and I feel the correct muscles working.