This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastered my first element :)

Started by Julian Wilson, May 8, 2013 · 7 Replies · 293 Views

Julian Wilson

Finally! After 3 months of work I've mastered tuck ups with good form, good rest times and good tempo. I can definitively say that focusing on good form and correct rest times really helps you progress. Don't give up!

 

Keilani Gutierrez

yes! so happy to hear this :D next week cycle i'll be hopefully passing a few ^_^

 

hopefully Stall bars will be done by then too~

Richard Hamilton

That's awesome! Nice one Julian :)

Think this may be the first PE1 I master as well. Not far off now :)

Jon Douglas

Superb. Slippery slope from there to the next one :-)

I'm also very pleased because I got 3/5 sPl PE1>IM sets today, and Im psyched to go for all five on Friday and move on~~

pogo69

It is encouraging to read of other people's successes.  Nice work, Julian

I'm on week 11 of PE1 for all progressions, but will wait until Friday's repeat of Monday (doing 3-day template) before I evaluate my mastery or lack thereof

 

I think I'll probably only pass with HBP/PE1, the incline pushup.  The others all fall short through either, lack of mobility in iM; lack of good form in all sets (devastatingly so with ABH); or for RC, failure to complete reps

 

Tuck ups are one of those where, although I can complete the reps, I am not 100% consistent with tempo and stability from start to finish

chobbs

Congrats Julian! My tuck ups were getting close, but I opened up some new ROM with all the extra mobility work I am doing and the contraction in my abs is insane now. So, time to back off and build it up again. :)

 

- Chris

trw

Congrats, Julian. All these progressions allow for many small moments of accomplishment. My first PE1 mastery occured with HBP a couple weeks ago. I should have sPL PE1 in the bag as well at the end of this cycle.

 

 

I'm also very pleased because I got 3/5 sPl PE1>IM sets today, and Im psyched to go for all five on Friday and move on~~

 

Ha, don't you mean SE1, Charm? Compared with your progress everywhere else I'd be pretty surprised if anything at PE1 had you so excited...

Jon Douglas
trw said:

Ha, don't you mean SE1, Charm? Compared with your progress everywhere else I'd be pretty surprised if anything at PE1 had you so excited...

Heh, yes, SE1, mis-type ^_^ Dunno what made the difference with it, just locked my shoulders in and suddenly it felt crazy stable and I could maintain the hold from set 3 onwards. Hopefully I can hit that point off the bat on Friday :)