how to anchor stall bars

Started by Erin, May 7, 2013 · 3 Replies · 3,036 Views

Erin

I bought stall bars a while back and I've put them together but I don't know how to anchor them to my wall. The only place I have that I could really put them is my bedroom so it's just a regular wall, not made of concrete or anything like that. Does anyone know exactly how I could get them securely set up on the wall so that they're safe to use? I'm totally useless with stuff like this. :P Thanks!

Joshua Slocum

You need to find the studs in your wall. These are 2x4's or similarly sized boards that are spaced about a boot apart, and provide the wall with strength. Attach your stall bars to two or three different studs using lag-screws (essentially just a very large screw), with attachment points at both the top and the bottom. To put in a lag-screw you first need to drill a pilot hole the same size as the screw's shaft. If you've never undertaken any projects of this kind before, I would recommend trying to find someone who can help you in person.

Tyler Gibson

Also, if your set doesn't already have this, coach recommends placing a board across the back of the stall bars, towards the top for extra stability. You would then anchor the board to a stud in the wall. If you check out the stall bars sticky in the equipment forum you'll see his suggestion. 

Erin

ok, thanks guys!