I have a question about Handstand Wall Runs. Do the chest and upper thighs have to be in contact with the wall as with PE9? I'm asking this because if both chest and thighs touch the wall the transition from one hand to the other is not very smooth and if I keep only my thighs in contact my back tends to arch and that's incorrect. So since it was not specified, I'm wondering what the correct position is. Thank you very much for the hard work everybody puts into this forum and courses, it is truly amazing. ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HS/PE10 60 Rep Handstand Wall Run Question
Started by Fran9, May 7, 2013 · 7 Replies · 306 Views
The point of the HS wall runs is to work on your shoulder extension. While yes generally you want to have good form... don't forget that this is preparing you for the shoulder extension you will need to have once you get to the Handstand specific work. Keep the PPT and your body generally tight. Mainly focus on a full extension thru your shoulder.
You can be a few inches from the wall but there is no need to have your chest touching it as far as i know.
RyanC said:The point of the HS wall runs is to work on your shoulder extension. While yes generally you want to have good form... don't forget that this is preparing you for the shoulder extension you will need to have once you get to the Handstand specific work. Keep the PPT and your body generally tight. Mainly focus on a full extension thru your shoulder.
You can be a few inches from the wall but there is no need to have your chest touching it as far as i know.
AFAIK this. More important to maintain a hollow at this stage before getting into the straight body specific work.
I put as far as i know because i'm not aware of the intricacies of hollow body vs straight body HS Wall runs. Is there is even a need to differentiate the benefits and subtleties of the different positions? If there is i would like to know.
RyanC said:I put as far as i know because i'm not aware of the intricacies of hollow body vs straight body HS Wall runs. Is there is even a need to differentiate the benefits and subtleties of the different positions? If there is i would like to know.
Nope. I just meant it's not necessary to be quite so aligned as to be in the position for PE11.
Couldn't hurt o'course, provided you can hold form and avoid arching as OP mentioned.
Thank you!
What you want to focus on is maintaining the open shoulders. Do not turn this into an arched handstand run.
One day I was wondering if I could do the Handstand wall runs and I tried them.
Well.. I could not do even one, lol.
Respect To you guys who have mastered this, I still have a long way to come ![]()