This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs/pe5 questions

Started by strme, May 6, 2013 · 10 Replies · 283 Views

strme

I dont know. i have readed somewhere,cant find it.

Question is.. I using 1kg bar. Should i continue until i will mastery with 10kg or more?

And in mobility.. Should i do this movement until i get narrow hold with 15kg? It is ok do this dislocating every second day?

Jon Douglas

Not 10*kg*, 10lb is the figure people are throwing around-- about 4kg.

 

Using 3-5lb is the minimum for progression-- about 1.5 - 2kg. So you are almost there.

 

15 kg is a great goal, but it is pretty long term for many of us.

strme

ok

strme

7monhts..  my progress in IM hold (90cm) is only 4cm narrower than was my best before i start it..  is this normal?  looks like it takes forever make it to shoulders plus width..   i using 2,39839042kg  bar :)  2 times a week

Alessandro Mainente

I passed this element with 12 kg. I seriously think that looking forward to hs press movement this is a reasonable goal to reach aside from hs pe5 mastery.

strme

but what about dislocates..  why someone can progressing so fast? they say..work hard..but i am afraid working hard at dislocates.. i trying lisen to my body.  

ausswe

12kg for the pe or the pe-im? Because 12kg for the pe is just nuts..... Although getting to nearly shoulder width on the Im will probably give me enough time to build up to a good 5-7 kg on the pe...... Dam dislocates... Doesn't feel like I'm getting any closer.

Alessandro Mainente

Dislocates are strength/flexibility related movement. you need to overcome with shoulders strength the passive tension of lats and chest. couple the dislocates with serious upper body stretch will increase the process. how long you can work along a progression of a mobility element before master it is a sign of how much immobility you have.

Joshua Slocum
alex87 said:

Dislocates are strength/flexibility related movement. you need to overcome with shoulders strength the passive tension of lats and chest. couple the dislocates with serious upper body stretch will increase the process. how long you can work along a progression of a mobility element before master it is a sign of how much immobility you have.

 

Yeah, I think it took me about 8 months before I had passable-width dislocates with just a 5# bar. I'm still working on getting to a point that I consider 'good'. 

strme

hm..  thats true.  i think ,longer better warm up..

Brad Mifsud

I did 3 x 30s German hangs prior to the dislocates (working with 2.5kgs) and I was pretty much into my minimum width from the first set. Normally I would do earlier IM exercises but it would take 3 sets to move my hands in. This seemed to warm me up better. I'm at the width required now just not perfectly smooth coming back to the front.

Any tips on getting the movement smooth from behind the back to above your head?