This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 - The beginning & form check

Started by MarcinTrybalski, May 4, 2013 · 4 Replies · 215 Views

MarcinTrybalski

After having purchased this amazing course some days ago i decided to make a video of almost all elements because i know that the form is far away from beeing flawless and to ask for some advices and tips :) Looking forward to begin with the first cycle ! :D  I would be thankful for any comments.

 

 

... and is this(

) acceptable as a mastery of HPB/PE1 ?

 

 

Keilani Gutierrez

great stuff! on to the points

 

in FL/pe1,  see how your knees are in a position like if you were sitting? extend them out a little further to when you look at your knees, it's as if you're making a triangle with the floor as its base and your knee is the top. for the iM, start with your knees under your hips and hands under your shoulder. 

 

in SL/pe1, really fight for that extension in the top and in the hips. it will help loosening up the front of your body and strenghtening the back and glutes before you move onto Arch body rocks and Arch ups.

 

btw, if you tell me how you're holding your feet to be able to do RC/PE1 correctly, im all ears :P

MarcinTrybalski
KeilaniG said:

great stuff! on to the points

 

in FL/pe1,  see how your knees are in a position like if you were sitting? extend them out a little further to when you look at your knees, it's as if you're making a triangle with the floor as its base and your knee is the top. for the iM, start with your knees under your hips and hands under your shoulder. 

 

in SL/pe1, really fight for that extension in the top and in the hips. it will help loosening up the front of your body and strenghtening the back and glutes before you move onto Arch body rocks and Arch ups.

 

btw, if you tell me how you're holding your feet to be able to do RC/PE1 correctly, im all ears :P

Thanks for references ! Conerning the RC/PE1 i just try to keep the tension in my whole body and press with my heels into the ground to lift up my buttocks. I hope this might help you.

spyro7800

definitely need to extend legs bit more in FL/PE1 as KeilaniG pointed out.

 

And in RC/PE1 rings are too low. It looks to me like they are at shoulder level while in F1 in demonstration they are around ears.

 

BTW: Regarding sliding and RC/PE1, when I use vibram five fingers I don't have any issue, when I do them barefoot I slide a lot.

MarcinTrybalski
spyro7800 said:

definitely need to extend legs bit more in FL/PE1 as KeilaniG pointed out.

 

And in RC/PE1 rings are too low. It looks to me like they are at shoulder level while in F1 in demonstration they are around ears.

 

BTW: Regarding sliding and RC/PE1, when I use vibram five fingers I don't have any issue, when I do them barefoot I slide a lot.

 Well, when i do the RC/PE1 like in the video with my buttocks on the floor it`s exactly on the height of my ears. But when i lift it up my shoulders are almost touching the rings during the execution, thank you for pointing it out. ;)