This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dropping back to ABH - what to do re iM?

Started by Michael Taylor, May 4, 2013 · 6 Replies · 234 Views

Michael Taylor

On the day that I achieved my first deck squat, I also realised that my ABR was really bad!

 

I had achieved 5x60 on ABH with reasonable ROM and moved on to ABR.

 

Last night was week 3 and the 24 reps (which I videoed), showed up my form to be very poor. Most noticeably, I was having to bend my legs to achieve the rock.

 

(Video is a cruel critic) :icon_twisted:

 

So, I will be dropping back to ABH again to absolutely nail this.

 

My question involves the associated iM for the exercises:

 

Could I now pair ABH with Jefferson Curls and leave windmill in the warm up where it currently is?

 

Or do I need to go back with both parts, to the ABH/Windmill pairing (and if so, can I still add the Jefferson Curls, maybe at the end of the session?)

 

gohei_

Aren't windmill and j-curls part of the manna?

Cole Dano

YES!

Peekay
gohei_ said:

Aren't windmill and j-curls part of the manna?

Yeah you're right, Standing Hip and Trunk Circles are the iM moves here.

Michael Taylor

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Michael Taylor

"Aren't windmill and j-curls part of the manna?"

 

 

Yes, of course they are!

 

Manna and side lever are next to each other on that day's session and they all just blur together in a haze of pleasure!

 

In a way, that makes my question much simpler, as Standing Hip circles and Standing Trunk Circles seem to have much more in common than Windmill and J curls

 

Does anyone see a problem with pairing ABH and trunk circles when I drop back down a level, with hip circle kept in a warmup? I wouldn't move on in iM normally whilst waiting to master the strength element, but I have had 5 sessions with trunk circles already before realising that I really need to go back and spend some more time with ABH

Jon Douglas

Generally I think you will do better maintaining the pairings. No reason you can't do both though~

Edit; As in, add trunk circles after your PE/IM reps. I can't *really* see it  being too much of an issue as they are pretty similar, but hey, details count.